A Bachelors needed for a work visa

I have a question - I have been a teacher for six years in SEA I've been thinking of moving over to Bangkok to continue with my teaching journey. However it has come to my attention that in order to do this, I would need a Bachelors which I do not have.  The qualifications that I currently hold is a Diploma which is at the NQF 6 level, a PGCEi through Nottingham University, a TEFL, as well as another Post Graduate Diploma which is not in education. Could anyone please explain to me, if these other qualifications might be able to suffice for the MoE and International schools for a work permit instead of only a Bachelors? And if not, if there is something I can do about this?

Edited by Teachingjessica

Vietnam will take 5 years experience in place of a bachelors degree. Most government schools are going to require one in Thailand though. Especially these days.

It's getting tougher and tougher each day 

Without a Bachelors degree it will be difficult to find an English teaching job other than low paying private schools. International schools and government schools require a teachers certificate which requires a Bachelors degree for teachers, but there are other titles that may get around the issue. TEFL plus some experience is no longer acceptable in most schools in Bangkok. 

On 3/5/2020 at 10:00 PM, asiaexpat said:

International schools and government schools require a teachers certificate which requires a Bachelors degree for teachers, but there are other titles that may get around the issue. TEFL plus some experience is no longer acceptable in most schools in Bangkok. 

Getting a work permit and extension of stay based on employment as a teacher in OBEC schools (K12 schools), requires you to have a temporary teaching permit/ provisional teaching permit/ waiver issued by The Teachers' Council of Thailand. To get one you need to hold a bachelors degree or higher from an accredited university.

Edited by aidenai
  • Like 1