TAT clarifies virus ‘risk country’ self-quarantine requirements

snoop1130

TAT clarifies virus ‘risk country’ self-quarantine requirements

By The Phuket News

1583405743_1-org.jpg

An inforgraphic posted with the notice today (Mar 5). Image: TAT

PHUKET:-- The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) today posted a notice to explain to the self-quarantine requirements of all visitors coming to Thailand from “risk area” countries.

“Currently, Thailand does not recommend any travel or trade restrictions against China or other affected areas,” the notice read.

“Also to date, the Thai government has not made any official announcement regarding self-quarantine for travellers from affected areas,” the notice added.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/tat-clarifies-virus-risk-country-self-quarantine-requirements-75143.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-03-05
  • Confused 1

Then, there's this...

"The Public Health Ministry on Thursday reported four new local coronavirus disease (Covid-19) cases - men aged 20-42 years who arrived from Iran and Italy in the past week. It was also confirmed that healthy people returning from Covid-19 risk countries will be quarantined at specific and guarded facilities - the countries and facilities still to be announced."

So, we learn today that when we return from traveling to or through a country on the list, we'll have to be quarantined in a guarded military facility. For real?!

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1872224/four-new-local-covid-19-cases

• Haha 1

every time you hear an announcement from someone claiming to be an official the message and instructions are completely different, this happens on a regular basis in Thailand - the smaller ranks trying to make an impression of authority

The trouble with a single lie is that you then have to tell more lies to maintain the lie - the lie snowball effect, a little tiny one becomes huge if it has a clear run  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, christophe75 said:

One step ahead, 2 steps backward, 1 and half on the left, 2 1/4 on the right...

After 3 days, it's still unclear.

IS A FRENCH, GERMAN (complete the list) TOURIST, WITH NO SYMPTOMS, WILL BE QUARANTINED WHEN HE ARRIVES IN BANGKOK AIRPORT FOR 2 WEEKS ?

YES OR NO ?

Monday yes. Tuesday no. Wednesday... sorry too fast, I erase my Facebook post. Thursday perhaps ? Friday tik mak... Saturday "oh <deleted> we are deep into the crapper what have we done" etc.

????

YES OR NO ?

I need to know this. I have a flight from BKK to the U.S. via Japan in just a few days. Plan to stay there for one week, then return via transit in Japan (which so far has been on the list). I really, really, really want to know if I will be put into one of those guarded, undisclosed locations for quarantine for some (yet to be determined and communicated) time. If the quarantine is "just stay home for two weeks," I can handle that. I'm not enthusiastic about getting placed in some facility for weeks, though.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

A good news, no more Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, France and Germany in the list : 

BREAKING: The Thai government has published a new list of high risk countries. These are: South Korea, China, Macao, Hong Kong, Italy & Iran. No compulsory quarantine unless you show any symptoms of #coronavirus. The message is now clear, #Thailand is open to tourists.
Edited by xtof2

"The message is now clear, #Thailand is open to tourists."

Really ?

... excepted tourists from :

South Korea

China

Macao 

HK

Italy

Iran

????

This thread is getting better and better.

Brace for the denial of the confirmation of the denial of the confirmation... in a few hours.

Ah... just printed... The newspaper we can't name... says the same thing.

This list of 6 has been published. Mandatory... quarantine for tourists coming from those 6 countries.

Mandatory but... Up to you. ????

"Stay in ur hotel for 14 days"

"Sure"

????

Brace for.... France, Germany will be added in a few days (because the epidemic exploses in Europe)... So we will go back to square one !

The first list of FaceBook Minister, AKA the so called "health minister"...

????

Edited by christophe75
  • Haha 1

how long are those "15 in hospitals" already there ?

are they on a ventilator ?

after a few weeks on those, your lungs will collapse ...

guess they want to prevent more deaths

pretty clear thailand has more sick people with 1M+ visitors from CHINA a MONTH

14 hours ago, JCP108 said:

I need to know this. I have a flight from BKK to the U.S. via Japan in just a few days. Plan to stay there for one week, then return via transit in Japan (which so far has been on the list). I really, really, really want to know if I will be put into one of those guarded, undisclosed locations for quarantine for some (yet to be determined and communicated) time. If the quarantine is "just stay home for two weeks," I can handle that. I'm not enthusiastic about getting placed in some facility for weeks, though.

Do you really need to take this trip?

I would stay put....things are changing too quickly for the worse...

Edited by MikeyScars

A slight variation to the theme. Leave for 2 weeks in Japan, all paid in full then arrive back in Thailand for 12 days then fly to UK (I am a UK citizen).

If, in the interim they add Japan to the list will I be prevented from leaving Thailand for my home country after 12 days into a 14 day quarantine?

Just now, Rod the Sod said:

A slight variation to the theme. Leave for 2 weeks in Japan, all paid in full then arrive back in Thailand for 12 days then fly to UK (I am a UK citizen). If, in the interim they add Japan to the list will I be prevented from leaving Thailand for my home country after 12 days into a 14 day quarantine?

Probably

TAT and the usual misleading information and conflicting information...... the other post says the contrary

The quarantine announcement, published in the official Royal Gazette on Thursday, classified South Korea, China, Macao, Hong Kong, Italy and Iran as "dangerous communicable disease areas".

20 hours ago, JCP108 said:

You might get a double whammy, 24 days in Thailand and 14 back in the US.