Work visa application process (just got work permit)

Well point 1., there is no such thing as a Thai 'work visa'. 

Perhaps you could share more details of your circumstances and what visa or extension you are on now and the experts could probably give you some solid answers.

You would apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon working at immigration. After getting the extension you could get a multiple re-entry permit.

You will need stack of paperwork from your employer to apply for the extension. A general list of the required documents are here.

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_1

4 minutes ago, ThailandBKK said:

Thanks for the advice. I'm on a 90 days non-B visa that i arrived on and applied for my work permit. What i understand, its possible to extend the visa in the passport to last for 1 year. 

Your 90 day permit to stay from your non-b visa can be extended for one year.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You would apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon working at immigration. After getting the extension you could get a multiple re-entry permit.

You will need stack of paperwork from your employer to apply for the extension. A general list of the required documents are here.

https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_1

Thank you! doesn't the "1 year extension" allowing you multiple entries? After i get the extension i need to apply again for a "multiple re-entry permit"?

4 minutes ago, ThailandBKK said:

Thank you! doesn't the "1 year extension" allowing you multiple entries? After i get the extension i need to apply again for a "multiple re-entry permit"?

Extensions are not issued as a multiple entry.

After you get the one year permit to stay you have to get a single or multiple re-entry permit to keep it valid when you enter the country.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Extensions are not issued as a multiple entry.

After you get the one year permit to stay you have to get a single or multiple re-entry permit to keep it valid when you enter the country.

thanks again, can i apply for the re-entry permit at the same time? Is there a list of document needed for the re entry permit to find somewhere?

19 minutes ago, ThailandBKK said:

thanks again, can i apply for the re-entry permit at the same time?

You can apply for the re-entry permit as soon as you have the one year extension stamp.

19 minutes ago, ThailandBKK said:

Is there a list of document needed for the re entry permit to find somewhere?

You need a completed TM8 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Copies of your passport photo page, visa, extension of stay stamp and TM6 departure card.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/6/2020 at 9:58 AM, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the re-entry permit as soon as you have the one year extension stamp.

You need a completed TM8 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Copies of your passport photo page, visa, extension of stay stamp and TM6 departure card.

I have now made the extension but it is only for 1 month. I guess next step is to apply for the re-entry permit with the TM8 form. If successful will this extend my stamp to 1 year and allow multiple entries? Do i need to visit the immigration office myself or can an agent do it on behalf?

12 hours ago, ThailandBKK said:

I have now made the extension but it is only for 1 month.

That is a under consideration stamp with a report back date 30 days from when it was done. You will get your one year extension of stay stamp staring from the end of your current permit to stay stamp near the end of the 30 days.

12 hours ago, ThailandBKK said:

I guess next step is to apply for the re-entry permit with the TM8 form. If successful will this extend my stamp to 1 year and allow multiple entries?

A re-entry permit will be issued for your one year permit to stay you will get when your extension is approved.

You do the application for the multiple re-entry permit and pay the 3800 baht fee for it yourself or the agent could do it.

13 hours ago, ThailandBKK said:

If successful will this extend my stamp to 1 year and allow multiple entries?

As Joe said, your extension is under consideration for a period of one month. If you leave Thailand during this period you must obtain a re entry permit before you leave.

After one month, your extension should be granted for the full one year period. Once this is done, you will need another re entry permit because the previous re entry permit will have expired.