Thai Consulate in Laos said Wife must come with you now???

13 hours ago, Jimmy B said:

Going in a couple of weeks without the trouble and strife. Some clarification would be nice. Don't want a wasted trip. Are they contactable by phone? Or do they actually answer it?

I taking the wife was now mandatory, I'm sure we would've had a lot of reports about

it, rather than someone's wife talking to someone at the consulate.

On 3/8/2020 at 1:38 PM, owl sees all said:

His humour went straight over your head.

Best thing is to take the essentials and a few extra Baht. Simply engage the services of an agent from the street, that looks the part, and be back in Thailand same day. Vientiane the same.

I Think SOMETHING Has gone " Over Your'e Head " YOU CANNOT Do it in ONE Day in either Savanakhet OR Vientianne !!

On 3/8/2020 at 9:02 PM, owl sees all said:

You could be right there. Only going by gossip. Never actually done it personally.

In Vientiane you can turn up before 12, engage an agent, and collect at 3-30. Everywhere at the embassy there are notices saying that the alien cannot obtain visa on the same day. Of course it can be done; it is Thailand after all. I, and others I know, have done it.

So, " How Much " Did YOU Pay this agent ??? 5,10,or 20k ??....Owl,YOU Are talking Total BS !!

Edited by Nong Khai Man
More Added
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nigel Sri Thanonchai said:

Immigration Investigations ,Tor Mor

46 years working Royal Thai Govt

Next Question UbonJoe ?

Supporting proof is still needed for such statements as you made.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

So, " How Much " Did YOU Pay this agent ??? 5,10,or 20k ??....Owl,YOU Are talking Total BS !!

No BS Nong Khai Man.

I did it a couple of years back. Arrived on a Thursday. This particular Thursday was the day before 'Women's International day' and the Thai Embassy was closed for that occasion. So going by the notices it would have meant picking up the passport on the following Monday.

After consulting various bar staff in the restaurant opposite, we engaged a very professional looking agent. Handed over Passport, docs and 6,000 Baht. He said to come back a 17-00.

We went down the beach, had a meal and a few beers. Returned at 15-30 and he was waiting for us. Everything ticky-boo and in order. Back in Nong Khai two hours later.

Still have the agent's card. PM me for details.

Edited by owl sees all