Billy Porter’s Fairy Godmother Will Be ‘Genderless’ In Sony’s New Cinderella Movie

snoop1130

Billy Porter’s Fairy Godmother Will Be ‘Genderless’ In Sony’s New Cinderella Movie

BY NIAMH SHACKLETON

billy-porter-cinderella_-_PA_Disney-828x416.jpg

PA Images/Disney

Sony’s upcoming adaption of the fairy tale classic Cinderella will feature a ‘genderless’ Fairy Godmother.

Award-winning actor Billy Porter – famous for his roles in Pose, American Horror Story, and Kinky Boots, as well as his renowned red carpet looks – will be portraying the character, saying ‘magic has no gender’.

The film, which reportedly started filming last month, has quite the star-studded cast alongside Porter, and includes Camilla Cabello as Cinderella, Idena Menzel as Cinderella’s stepmother, and Pierce Brosnan as the king.

Speaking to CBS News about the role, Porter dubbed it ‘profound’ and ‘powerful’ that he’s playing the Fairy Godmother.

Full Story: https://www.unilad.co.uk/film-and-tv/billy-porters-fairy-godmother-will-be-genderless-in-sonys-new-cinderella-movie/

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Is it just me or is the world turning PC stupid.

Here is what used to be a good children's pantomime, starring a man of colour (I have never heard of him, but no matter) in a cartoon playing a Fairy Godmother of no gender at all.

I have to believe that it is not me who has lost the plot here, else I would be going loopy.

That reminds me of an article I read a few days ago.

A women decided to become a man. She started hormone treatment.

Then she decided she wants a baby first. So she stoppend the hormone treatment and had her baby.

And then she did the full job to become officially a man - with a baby.

And then the real problem started because the mother of the baby (she) didn't want to be named the mother because by now she felt like the father of that baby.

But (I think it was the school) didn't accept that. She/he was registered as the mother of the baby.

And then he complained more that all this will give him sleepless nights and his human rights and all that.

This is really happening - not just in a movie.

I forgot where I read it and I really don't want to search for that article again.

<deleted>##%4 political correctness! 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Sony’s upcoming adaption of the fairy tale classic Cinderella will feature a ‘genderless’ Fairy Godmother.

So sad when it reaches this level!

And should that now read as "God-person" ?

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, billd766 said:

Is it just me or is the world turning PC stupid.

Here is what used to be a good children's pantomime, starring a man of colour (I have never heard of him, but no matter) in a cartoon playing a Fairy Godmother of no gender at all.

I have to believe that it is not me who has lost the plot here, else I would be going loopy.

I have no issue with the colour of the actor, but the concept of self-certifying gender recognition and the paroxysms that it induces in some people leaves me completely baffled. 

• Like 1

Many 'experts' and academics are now saying there's no such thing as biological sex, everything is a social construct including gender. The term they use now is 'birth assigned gender'.

When non-binary kids were going into puberty so they are given puberty blocking drugs. If biological sex isn't real, then what is puberty and is it affected by 'birth assigned gender'.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, mixed said:

Many 'experts' and academics are now saying there's no such thing as biological sex, everything is a social construct including gender. The term they use now is 'birth assigned gender'.

When non-binary kids were going into puberty so they are given puberty blocking drugs. If biological sex isn't real, then what is puberty and is it affected by 'birth assigned gender'.

Just the latest trendy politically correct intelligensia playing to the lefty liberal feminist gallery who lap such <deleted> up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been here 26 years now, since I was 23. Being around trans and 'gender diverse' ppl is normal for me, they are accepted and integrated into Thai society.

It's difficult to see the West ever being as tolerant as Thailand in respect to gender and I'm not sure it's what the so called trans community wants. With acceptance we would no longer see stories like this and so many 'special' ppl would not get the attention they so desperately crave.

Why does the West have to reinvent the wheel? Why don't they look at other countries where trans ppl are accepted? Instead they are giving kids puberty blocking drugs and anyone who questions this is called a bigot.

I will be back home soon, would be hilarious if someone called me trans-phobic.

• Like 1