Staff banned from overseas travel as Krungsri announces virus-prevention measures

rooster59

Staff banned from overseas travel as Krungsri announces virus-prevention measures

By The Nation

800_680f0afb4376727.jpg

Krungsri Group announced on Friday (March 6) internal measures to prevent an outbreak of the new coronavirus (Covid-19) in the organisation as the virus spread to more countries.

The Department of Disease Control of the Ministry of Public Health has declared the Covid-19 a dangerous contagious disease under the Communicable Disease Act, 2015 BE.

The bank has ordered employees and outsiders associated with its operations to strictly follow the measures, which include prohibiting staff from travelling aboard.

If absolutely necessary, the employee must receive permission from his/her supervisor and fill in an overseas travel form.

The employee must stay and work from home for 14 days after returning to Thailand. During the period of self-quarantine, he/she must submit a daily health report to the bank and adhere to the guidelines of the Department of Disease Control on virus control.

If the employee developed symptoms during the 14 days, especially a fever exceeding 37.5 degrees Celcius, he/she must immediately have a physical examination at a hospital. If tested positive for infection, his/her superior and the human resource department must be promptly notified as instructed by the Ministry of Public Health.

In the event of family member/s of an employee, staying at the same address, travelling to a high risk country, the employee must fill in details of the trip in the overseas travel form, inform their superior and human resource department, and undergo a 14-day self-quarantine period after the return of the family member/s.

If the employee did not present any symptom after self-quarantine, he/she can resume work at the bank but must wear a face mask for another 14 days and wash hands regularly.

The employee must exit the bank's premises and see a doctor immediately if symptoms appear after his/her return to the bank.

Outsiders who work inside the bank such as vendors, outsourcing personnel, and consultants must also strictly follow the measures .

Krungsri Group has briefed employees on the new coronavirus and ways to protect themselves from being infected. Also, the bank has established a committee to monitor the situation closely.

At its head office on Rama III road, thermo scans and screening checkpoints are place. All areas and touching points in the premises are frequently sanitised , such as escalator handrails and elevator buttons, among others.

In addition, hand gels are provided in lift lobbies and at all entrances.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383532

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-07

Cute.

They want everyone to think they are globally connected companies.

How many people from Krungsri need to travel out of Thailand on business and how often?

Maybe they are talking about group shopping trips to Hong Kong and Japan.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Friends in Australia working for certain oil companies are facing the same. If they are from, travel through or been in contact with anyone from certain countries have to self quarantine for 14 days. Then they must get a doctors clearance before being allowed back to work. 

1 hour ago, Yadon Toploy said:

Odd. Chinese tourists were still arriving en masse as of last week.

At least the plane I was on was full of them.

I hope you are self isolating! You now must sit alone in a bar and not talk to or breath on anyone!

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Cute.

How many people from Krungsri need to travel out of Thailand on business and how often?

Could well be- don’t forget Songkran is just around the corner and many may be planning a lovely overseas trip with all the cheap airfares available !

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, realfunster said:

Could well be- don’t forget Songkran is just around the corner and many may be planning a lovely overseas trip with all the cheap airfares available !

Well a company wouldn't have domain over what people do with their personal time. To me, the announcement is to discourage or ban overseas travel for work matters.

And if that's the intention, it is likely more of typical Thai face giving.

Thailand has almost no local companies where people travel overseas in any significant number.

One of the only ones would be PTT.

The majority of Thai business is famously isolated from the global business community.

18 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

What a narrow minded attitude. Krungsri is part of an international financial group (MUFG) and there must be many occasions when their staff have to travel abroad. And what about holidays?

Get your head out of the sand!

Wrong. You imagine. I know as I worked for several and ran one of these types of multinationals.

The Thais are rarely sent anywhere.

The Japanese joint banks have a handful of senior Japanese people who manage the Thais and liaise between the Japan head office and the local staff.

There might be a tiny number of Thais who can speak any language other than Thai and who on rare occasion travel for business.

17 minutes ago, lujanit said:

At least Krungsri are being proactive with this.  Maybe not perfect, at least they are doing something.

Yes. They are talking. 

It's amazing how little about Thailand people understand.

We Westerners are unstoppably gullible.

Simply say the right words and we open up our hearts (and wallets)

Edited by Fex Bluse

35 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Wrong. You imagine. I know as I worked for several and ran one of these types of multinationals.

The Thais are rarely sent anywhere.

The Japanese joint banks have a handful of senior Japanese people who manage the Thais and liaise between the Japan head office and the local staff.

There might be a tiny number of Thais who can speak any language other than Thai and who on rare occasion travel for business.

If Krungrsi did not consider foreign travel to be a potential problem, they would not have felt there was the need to issue such instructions to their staff.

Kudos to them for being proactive in this regard.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

If Krungrsi did not consider foreign travel to be a potential problem, they would not have felt there was the need to issue such instructions to their staff.

Kudos to them for being proactive in this regard.

It's like saying to a teenager

"If you have never had sex, why did you feel the need to tell your friends that you have slept with more than 20 girls?"

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Cute.

While this is pretty funny I think it's about staff grabbing cheap flights over Songkran

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

You do realize Krungsri's biggest shareholder (77% last time I looked) is MUFG of Japan, don't you?

I have a bank account with Krungsri, I didn't know that this is a Japanese owned company but staffed by Thai people.

I have never met any Japanese staff working there though.

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

I have a bank account with Krungsri, I didn't know that this is a Japanese owned company but staffed by Thai people.

I have never met any Japanese staff working there though.

Pity there are none they might have more of an idea about their Banks policies, and not have to get the supervisor for anything above deposit or withdraw. They are not as bad as some of the other banks iv'e used though

13 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Cute.

My other half works at Kasikorn bank and they started to enforce this rule for all bank staff over 2 weeks.  For example, one of the ladies at the branch my girlfriend works at was meant to fly to japan for her annual holiday last week but was forced to cancel the trip even though everything was paid in full. 

Edited by Dutyfirst
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad to see the bank where I have the 800K+ for retirement is being proactive. And as an aside, I'm also glad that it is as much or more a Japanese as Thai bank, which I have known for a while.

On 3/7/2020 at 7:17 AM, Fex Bluse said:

Cute.

Cute.

Sounds to me like you're the one lacking a bit of worldliness here with your allusion to Thai people not traveling much outside their moobahn. There's no reference to this being a banking business-related travel ban, it's more about an ALL international travel pre-approval procedure. Maybe you think that all those planes leaving Thailand daily for foreign destinations are full of foreigners?

• Like 1

On 3/7/2020 at 10:27 AM, Fex Bluse said:

Well a company wouldn't have domain over what people do with their personal time. To me, the announcement is to discourage or ban overseas travel for work matters.

And if that's the intention, it is likely more of typical Thai face giving.

Thailand has almost no local companies where people travel overseas in any significant number.

One of the only ones would be PTT.

The majority of Thai business is famously isolated from the global business community.

SCB

SCG

Bangkok Bank

CP All

ThaiBev

The only thing that's "famously isolated" here is your rather uninformed and out-of-date opinion.

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2020 at 7:36 AM, Yadon Toploy said:

Odd. Chinese tourists were still arriving en masse as of last week.

At least the plane I was on was full of them.

Got off of Qatar airlines about 4 days ago. Plane was almost empty.