Makro delivery - fees?

bbi1

Don't know but there currently appears to be panic buying as both Tesco and Tops first available delivery (even next hour system) is more than a week away.  Normally next hour or day always available.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Don't know but there currently appears to be panic buying as both Tesco and Tops first available delivery (even next hour system) is more than a week away.  Normally next hour or day always available.  

Not sure if that indicates panic buying.

I would think that more people now use the service to avoid visiting the store.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Not sure where you live... I ordered tops yesterday 11am, delivery today 12am in Nongprue.. interestingly,  my Detol shower gel was out of stock...

I live in Bangkok and attempt to check out yesterday on Tops got no free time until Friday or Saturday (you have to check out to obtain time.  From Lotus is was Friday evening one slot or Saturday (which I selected).  I use both services every 7 days - until this week almost no issue getting next day slot (one time had to wait two days).  It is either panic buying (like is taking place in most of the world) or nobody can figure out how to transport goods by themselves without plastic bags.  Most of the world has sold out of toilet paper so one advantage here having bum guns. ????

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Plenty of availability in Bangkok, 30 minutes ago I made a next-hour delivery order to Tesco, it's been confirmed and will be delivered between 4pm and 5pm.

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

I live in Bangkok and attempt to check out yesterday on Tops got no free time until Friday or Saturday (you have to check out to obtain time.  From Lotus is was Friday evening one slot or Saturday (which I selected).  I use both services every 7 days - until this week almost no issue getting next day slot (one time had to wait two days).  It is either panic buying (like is taking place in most of the world) or nobody can figure out how to transport goods by themselves without plastic bags.  Most of the world has sold out of toilet paper so one advantage here having bum guns. ????

I can confirm Lopburi's account re Tops in BKK. When I checked just now, the first available regular delivery opening is this coming Sat., almost a week away.

1247427101_2020-03-0815_57_47.jpg.da4f84586f12ca1801dc8c4aae79998c.jpg

35 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Plenty of availability in Bangkok, 30 minutes ago I made a next-hour delivery order to Tesco, it's been confirmed and will be delivered between 4pm and 5pm.

I trust that is not from Bangkapi Tesco across from The Mall as just checked few minutes ago and the next opening is 13th last night delivery slot.

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:
45 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I trust that is not from Bangkapi Tesco across from The Mall as just checked few minutes ago and the next opening is 13th last night delivery slot.

I've no idea, I order online and that does not give you a choice of which shop it comes from.  I know that I ordered online with no problem and they have just been on the phone asking if it's ok to change one of the items so there's obviously no problem with express, next-hour deliveries that come on a bike.

Edited by Just Weird

6 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I've no idea, I order online and that does not give you a choice of which shop it comes from.  I know that I ordered online with no problem and they have just been on the phone asking if it's ok to change one of the items so there's obviously no problem with express, next-hour deliveries that come on a bike.

Tried that method several days and got no slots today when I did so.  When setting up there was a map providing the Tesco location and was instructed to move pointer to my house so that is how know where shipped from.  Believe Tesco has a number of locations but Tops seems to only use the main store near Bangkok Hospital.  FYI Tesco have delivered my orders by MC 90% of the time for the last year or so using normal system (before they started the same day service).

18 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:
31 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Tried that method several days and got no slots today when I did so.  When setting up there was a map providing the Tesco location and was instructed to move pointer to my house so that is how know where shipped from.  Believe Tesco has a number of locations but Tops seems to only use the main store near Bangkok Hospital.  FYI Tesco have delivered my orders by MC 90% of the time for the last year or so using normal system (before they started the same day service).

FYI, you don't have to do anything with the map, you just have to input your address.  Neither do you have to know where the order comes from as knowing that makes no difference to your delivery. 

FYI, I know that Tesco have delivered orders by MC for the last year or so using normal system but those deliveries could also have come by van, depending on your order; that was not the next-hour service which is only by bike.

23 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Tesco's 1 hour delivery is up and running. I just checked it. 

Screenshot_20200309-104227.png

3 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Tesco's 1 hour delivery is up and running. I just checked it. 

Screenshot_20200309-104227.png

Looked like that for me too yesterday but when actually tried to use said no slots available today.  Was just at local Tesco Lotus store and about 30% of shelf space is empty (including almost all toilet paper - big stock up item for panic shoppers).  As they review the buying bids next Sunday hope the home delivery system does not go bye bye.  

At our local Makro, delivery is free within a certain radius of the store. Not sure what the distance is, but our store has a huge sign promoting the free delivery. We're about 7 kms from our Makro and we've had a fridge and a tv delivered for free.

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Looked like that for me too yesterday but when actually tried to use said no slots available today.  Was just at local Tesco Lotus store and about 30% of shelf space is empty (including almost all toilet paper - big stock up item for panic shoppers).  As they review the buying bids next Sunday hope the home delivery system does not go bye bye.  

No slots available is not same as it isn't working. And why would the home delivery system go away? More and more people are using it.

Who actually need 1 hour delivery? 

That's imo just bad planning. 

37 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

No slots available is not same as it isn't working. And why would the home delivery system go away? More and more people are using it.

Who actually need 1 hour delivery? 

That's imo just bad planning. 

What I said is could not obtain delivery slots using any system until about a week out.  Have scheduled for 14th.  As the home delivery system is Tesco software it may not be part of the sale or what new owners want to use.