Red Parking Cards at Makro

dingdongrb

11 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

You most likely have more chance of dying ,just getting to Makro,

there have been 1200 + people already killed on Thai roads this year....so far.

So you may as well stay at home with the door locked,as if you go to Makro,

your going to be touching something,and you can contract it at 2 metres 

from an infected person,my local Makro has always handed out cards,

about the only place that does,Big C,Tesco, have already stopped them.

regards Worgeordie

Agree on the stats about road death. I tell my Aussie friend who is somewhat fearful of the virus that he has a higher probability of getting maimed riding his scooter.

Yeah, stay at home and order some food through Grab or Panda, I am sure those folks don't come into contact with anyone carrying the virus....  ????

My local Makro stopped handing out the cards a few years ago but just recently started again (Hangdong - near the middle ring road).

Still wondering how many auto thefts occur at the Makro parking lots.

51 minutes ago, Cheesekraft said:

yes, the virus can survive on surfaces for up to 28 days. In this climate, likely less than a week but they are really unhygienic as they are being passed around so often and handled by many people

Really, up to 28 days ?

corona.jpg

2 minutes ago, essox essox said:

stupid question.....watch the news and read newspapers/articles on the computer !!!

hahahahahaha, yeah the best source of scaremongering bar none sending the sheeple into a frenzy !!!

I'd prefer some solid actual facts.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Wow, do I have to explain it to you?  Ok, I will.

Someone carrying virus sneezes or coughs and exposes the virus on the card. The card is then passed to another person who touches the card and then exposes themselves.

I noticed that the security workers passing out and collecting the cards are wearing gloves.....  I wonder why?

If the virus can live on the cards, then it can also live on the gloves of the guard.

I hope "Don Mega"  is getting checked regularly since it's obvious, now, that CO-OFMP (compulsive-obsessive obtuse forum message posting) is a behavior seen in asymptomatic carriers.

Whether the same behavioral therapies (shunning, sensory deprivation, water-boarding, etc.) used to de-program trolls are effective for CO-OFMP syndrome remains to be seen.

~o:37;

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, brommers said:

So I for one will not be going to Makro for as long as they hand out these potentially dirty cards.

Well, do what I do and if in a car keep your window closed and drive in.

If on a bike just ignore the card being held out.

I couldnt see the point for years, only once I think did the ticket man wander to my bike and leave a ticket on the seat. Thats where it stayed until i opened the seat.

Simples.

last time I was in Makro, a Chinese individual went to the meat section, picked some up (bare handed), walked around while yelling to his friend. Yes, he was still carrying the slice of meat in his dirty hands. Then after a loud but brief discussion, replaces the meat, returns with a different type of meat in his dirty bare hands to his friend, shows him the meat, then returns it. Then walked away. I was shocked. Good thing cooking meat will kill the virus -- I will not be eating beef tar tar for a while!

Edited by Cheesekraft

29 minutes ago, Cheesekraft said:

last time I was in Makro, a Chinese individual went to the meat section, picked some up (bare handed), walked around while yelling to his friend. Yes, he was still carrying the slice of meat in his dirty hands. Then after a loud but brief discussion, replaces the meat, returns with a different type of meat in his dirty bare hands to his friend, shows him the meat, then returns it. Then walked away. I was shocked. Good thing cooking meat will kill the virus -- I will not be eating beef tar tar for a while!

...and several weeks ago when I was there a Chinese woman wasn't controlling her toddler (perhaps 4 or 5 years old). The youngster was at the produce section touching nearly every piece on the sample tray of cantaloupe. 

It's unbelievable what panic/paranoia THIS virus causes.

And that in a country with some real nasty stuff.

When will the first foreigner die of starvation because he won't enter a shopping center/mall?

Beware: the staff touches the goods when stacking to the shelves!!!

Delivery service is no solution. Does delivery person wear full mask/gloves etc.?

The world is coming to an end.

BTW: which fortune teller had this virus on his list for 2020? :biggrin:

(I bet one will find the right quote at Nostradamus)

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

On 3/9/2020 at 6:42 AM, Cheesekraft said:

yes, the virus can survive on surfaces for up to 28 days. In this climate, likely less than a week but they are really unhygienic as they are being passed around so often and handled by many people

Wrong. Google is your friend...and makes you look less stupid.

https://www.livescience.com/how-long-coronavirus-last-surfaces.html

1 hour ago, DLock said:

& steals all your information and directs you too whoever pays them the most for advertising, great people ???? 

On 3/9/2020 at 4:58 AM, ukrules said:

The cards are filthy at the places I go to (Bluport and Villa Hua Hin), I've never seen one at the local Makro before and I've been going there for like 7 or 8 years, maybe next time.

with a bit of luck, they are already so much laden with hungry bacteria that they will kill the virus ????

I went to Makro in Hua Hin / Cha Am yesterday and they're not giving out any kind of card when you park there but they are taking your temperature.

Mine was about 34 - I guess I should be really ill or dead with such a low temperature but they let me in anyway ????

Edited by ukrules

play the game!

buy a box of large latex gloves . park the car and clean the card with a swipe of alcohol on both sides.

This will protect you !

Its unfortunate not all makro's tell you if they disinfect these cards when they receive them back

Edited by riclag
  • Sad 2

On 3/9/2020 at 5:37 AM, brommers said:

If you read all the medical advice it clearly states that the virus can survive on surfaces for a considerable time. Airlines have stopped giving out refills of wine, water etc to minimise the chance of transmission.

So I for one will not be going to Makro for as long as they hand out these potentially dirty cards.

Great.  " Potential" infection everywhere! To massage paranoid  considerations where then to purchase  any thing?  What package  even on a  shelf  has not been  caressed by an ardent  "super  spreader", which  check out  aisle is  not  occupied  by an  infectious  operator  who  has been  subjected if  not  bathed in  infection? The  handle on an in store  item  carrier, the  trundlers, the  air  blast  at the  entrance, the exit( just  to make sure  you are well doused), the doors, the  floors, the very  ground of a  car park....all  disseminating, oozing  infection ! Would  you trust  cash  money? What if  you  use a  card that  you are obliged  to  hand over for processing? The  change or the receipt? Clean?

No problem ! Let the world  stand still.

Or?

Next time you go there carry a bag with snotty goo (shampoo) and a big pincet.

When they give out these card take it with the pincet an put it in the bag (resealable should be perfect).

Upon leaving, give them the bag or fish the card out of it with the pincet and give it to them.

Want to see their face, so please move your dashcam to the scene and post it here to entertain us.

????

• Sad 1

On 3/13/2020 at 11:08 PM, CGW said:

& you think a VPN makes any difference duhhhhh!

Let's just say that when I was living in the USA and using one I didn't get any notices from my ISP for downloading torrents.....  ????

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 1:05 AM, DLock said:

https://www.livescience.com/how-long-coronavirus-last-surfaces.html

On 3/13/2020 at 2:58 AM, CGW said:

& steals all your information and directs you too whoever pays them the most for advertising, great people ???? 

And yet, Google will help you find the methods that stop them from identifying you and your browsing habits for the targeted advertising that can be blocked by finding tools through another Google search.

24 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

And yet, Google will help you find the methods that stop them from identifying you and your browsing habits for the targeted advertising that can be blocked by finding tools through another Google search.

Well whoopee! how kind of them ???? & are you naive enough to think that they will always let you do this.

20 years ago Google was excellent, now they are slowly but surely, along with their silicone valley cohorts becoming the global police - open your eyes my friend!

Edited by CGW

On 3/13/2020 at 10:17 PM, ukrules said:

Mine was about 34 - I guess I should be really ill or dead with such a low temperature but they let me in anyway

I hope you were joking, nobody has so little understanding of how their body works! _ do they? ????

5 hours ago, CGW said:

I hope you were joking, nobody has so little understanding of how their body works! _ do they? ????

It's obvious you are the expert. You seem to know everything, how the body works as well as the Internet.

I think the poster was merely identifying the fact that those handheld thermal measuring devices are not so accurate. But hey, I'm sure you could just put your hand on my forehead and tell me exactly what my body temperature is....  ????

8 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

I think the poster was merely identifying the fact that those handheld thermal measuring devices are not so accurate. But hey, I'm sure you could just put your hand on my forehead and tell me exactly what my body temperature is....  ????

The issue is not the device but the operator.

IR thermal guns have an optimal optic range, if used used outside of this range the result won't be accurate. In saying that the devices also have a +/- tolerance.

Other issue is the red laser is only a guide and is not the point the device measures at, some devices scan above or below, if the device scans above and the operator is not within optimal optical range the temperature reading may well be the ambient temperature above your head.

33 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

The issue is not the device but the operator.

IR thermal guns have an optimal optic range, if used used outside of this range the result won't be accurate. In saying that the devices also have a +/- tolerance.

Other issue is the red laser is only a guide and is not the point the device measures at, some devices scan above or below, if the device scans above and the operator is not within optimal optical range the temperature reading may well be the ambient temperature above your head.

True but I have had mine read and saw, with my own eyes, that the Operator was holding it directly at my forehead and only a few cms away.

How often are those devices calibrated? Is there a cert provided showing that it was calibrated to a standard?

I am sure the battery strength in the device plays an important part of the device's accuracy.