‘Lightning rod’ Thammanat keeps fingers crossed as Cabinet shake-up looms

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Public pressure to remove Thammanat from office has grown even higher after his latest controversy. Critics believe the Prayut government’s popularity will suffer if the minister is allowed to continue in his post.

and another member of the gang involved on controversy and wrong doing but he's NOT removed.... I guess they only remove the FF members, government popularity all the way down and Prayut.... he must start to feel the heat  ( I know I know, he doesn't give a rats a**)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

No, he wasn’t accused. He was convicted of trying to smuggle millions of dollars worth of heroin. His prison sentence was lessened as he grassed up other people. 

He’s a convicted drug dealer. Why would Prayut allow him to keep his position? Because Prayut isn’t in charge. Someone else is. And that someone else allows it. For now. 

He laughingly now claims it was flour, not heroin

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Observers say he has developed a strong bond with Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan, regarded as the coalition “fixer” and a powerful figure in the ruling party.

"fixer" one would presume is one who provides fixes for those in need of a fix?As long as it's not flour or is that what they call smack these days? 

• Haha 1

I read the Sydney Morning Herald report,he pleaded guilty to importing heroin,sentenced to 6 years with a 4 year non parole,served 4 year and on release was deported,how he can lie not only to the Parliament but to the Thai people as well

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

The biggest charlatan in this country. Followed closely by many of the other ministers. 

They're all much of a muchness. His biggest mistake was getting caught in a country with rule of law. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tompelli said:

So exporting heroin from Thailand is not a crime that he could/should've been charged with? I would've thought it warranted at least a "tarnishing Thailand's image" slap on the wrist...this guy is teflon.

'... teflon...'

How true and an excellent example of the lack of ethics and morals of the main leaders of the coalition in their attempts to build and maintain a scaly government.

Also an excellent example of the lack of ethics and morals of the leaders and members of the smaller coalition members who 'hang on' to anything, regardless of ethics and morals or truth to try to get a place at the trough.

Also seems to me this will get worse and more worse and eventually get so bad the whole thing will collapse. Hopefully soon. 

• Like 2

Now he says it's flour, how come that was never mentioned some 10 (?) years ago?

In another 3 months he's probably say it was Johnson's baby powder.

The list of his activities / wrongdoings / convictions etc., is incredible but somehow he's a vice minister. 

Only in LOS.