HBO to launch new streaming service in Thailand

webfact

HBO to launch new streaming service in Thailand

HBO.jpg

File photo

HBO is set to launch its streaming service in Thailand later this month.

HBO Go will be available on iOS and Android from 30 March, priced at Bt149 a month with a 7 day free trial.

The service will give users access to popular TV shows such as The Wire, Game of Thrones, Chernobyl and Watchmen.

While HBO Go will be available as a standalone service, WarnerMedia Entertainment Networks have also announced a partnership with Triple T Broadband which allows 3BB customers to subscribe to the service via their broadband package.

“HBO has a new home in Thailand and it’s great news for those who love streaming our channels, and watching the latest blockbuster movies and series anytime, anywhere,” said Clement Schwebig, Managing Director of WarnerMedia Entertainment Networks, Southeast Asia, Pacific and China, which manages HBO in Asia. “3BB has big plans for HBO GO, and their tremendous enthusiasm and commitment is clear.”

The launch of HBO Go in Thailand follows the service being made available in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines, Vietnam and most recently in Indonesia. 

Previously, viewers in Thailand could watch HBO Go and other HBO channels via AIS Play.

However, last month it was announced that the entire set of HBO channels would no longer be available on AIS Play from 13 March 2020.

Via: Advanced Television

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-10
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, catch104 said:

Hopeless... Not available on Sony Bravia android TV...., ok on any smart phone..

So for whoever drive this policy, the solution is: Use your phone to watch TV..., and use TV to fxcking call your friends... 

Uhm, simply AirPlay your phone to you our television would allow you to watch HBO on your TV. Hardly rocket science...

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, mjnaus said:

Uhm, simply AirPlay your phone to you our television would allow you to watch HBO on your TV. Hardly rocket science...

Can't, stream is protected and won't cast to a TV.

Maybe you should comment on something you've tried yourself.

There's poop heads posting all over the HBO Go threads when they don't have it.

MonoMax is available as a Smart Tv app, and has a lot of the same movies.

You can choose dubbed Thai, or English with Thai subs.

Edited by BritManToo

Just for a test I installed the HBO GO app on to my Minix UH9 android box and signed up for the 7 day free trial. Works just fine. I do not intend to pay the 149 B a month though as I have all I need via other means but the app works well on the Minix box.

1 hour ago, longball53098 said:

Just for a test I installed the HBO GO app on to my Minix UH9 android box and signed up for the 7 day free trial. Works just fine. I do not intend to pay the 149 B a month though as I have all I need via other means but the app works well on the Minix box.

Works on my Minix Box. That is standard android system. Same as your phone.

Cannot work on Android TV eg Nvidia Sheild or Mi Box. Different system.

Works well with Chrome Cast.

Edited by fishtank