Thai AirAsia cancels flights on five routes from March 11-31

webfact

Thai AirAsia cancels flights on five routes from March 11-31

By THE NATION

800_25271d1f93cc92d.jpg?v=1583892991

Thai AirAsia announced on Wednesday (March 11) that it will halt FD flights to and from Kunming, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Hong Kong and Macao from March 11 until March 31.

The airline’s decision comes after a Thai Ministry of Public Health announcement in the Royal Gazette earlier this month that declared China (including Hong Kong and Macau), South Korea, Italy and Iran as high-risk countries for Covid-19 infection.

Passengers who already have tickets will have the following options: Change the flight without any additional fee; keep the amount in their credit with the airline for use in their next travel; apply for a full refund.

The airline added that it will immediately contact affected passengers via the given telephone number or email.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383830

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-11

14 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thai Airways to follow, I doubt it?

Thai Airways is making a loss, I doubt they can afford to have fewer customers.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

They (AirAsia) have also cut the flight from Don Muang to Tokyo Narita , I was booked on that flight for later this month and first of all they changed the departure time , then cancelled the flight completely, they offered the 3 options as has been already mentioned , but good luck with trying to get the full refund , absolute nightmare trying to do this thru AVA , had to go to the airport to find a HUMAN , who also found it difficult to obtain the refund for me , last but not least , was told it would take 30 Days to reach my Thai bank account...Really!!

also , I was not given any phone number to contact them , hence the visit to the airport.

Edited by a3tsw