1st time "visiting" Thailand now..?

GoJo

On 3/11/2020 at 4:27 PM, GoJo said:

1st post edited. I forgot to mention : the airline providing that one-way cheap flight to BKK now allow changes for free.. But since it ends into March.. Dead-end ???? 

You will need a return ticket, or a ticket out of Thailand, when entering. However, only few seem to be checked by immigration, but you never know. You might also be asked to fund, equivalent to 20,000 baht in cash, upon entering the Kingdom. You can only stay in Thailand up to 30 days without a visa, depending of the country you originates from – double-check, as the coronavirus situation are changing visa exempts and visa on arrival rules – your ongoing ticket, or return ticket, must be with the period you are allowed to stay upon entry.

You can from you home country apply for a tourist visa for 60 days, which can be extended locally for 30 days.

Apart from that, and current virus-situation, re your opening post, Thailand is a great place. In Bangkok lots of folks are wearing face masks, but at some other destinations only few, and not foreigners.

Thais are normally very kind people if you smile, and behave normally well with respect of their culture. I think it's much up to the individual person and how you are dealing with Thais, how you are accepted; I've never had any problems, and I've been living here permanent for 15 years now, and for me it's indeed Land-of-Smiles...????

And by the way, Thai girls can be very friendly (I talk from experience)...????

4 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

... Yes!  Welcome to Thailand and enjoying playing "which one has a penis"!

Not to worry about penises,  they don't nor should you...just go with flow and smile/enjoy...life is short.

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2020 at 10:27 PM, GoJo said:

1st post edited. I forgot to mention : the airline providing that one-way cheap flight to BKK now allow changes for free.. But since it ends into March.. Dead-end ???? 

You seem like a worrier. Maybe you should stay put for a while. 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2020 at 2:46 PM, BritManToo said:

White men's money is shared out amongst women and non-whites.

By two processes called 'welfare' and 'family court'.

You can only avoid these two processes by refusing to earn money, and refusing to associate with women.

It can be easily be avoided a lot of the time by being a quality human and associating with other quality humans. If one is inclined to think of women as objects or have 'mommy issues' and can't have a real relationship, then is is not difficult to see that women might attempt to take financial advantage as pay back for having to deal with terrible male behavior.

• Sad 1

On 3/11/2020 at 11:17 PM, GoJo said:

The one that makes you feel you're in the 3rd world. Yes they would let me back in. Some wouldn't take their citizen back? Curious to know if so, never heard or even imagined. I wouldn't go to Pattaya. I'm not a sex tourist. It's just a tourist visa, so it's a month at max.

That's an interesting information, i did not know. Is it like there is no place to sit apart public parks somehow..? Were there mentions about cutting off public transport (rumors, gov plans, etc)?

I do not understand that part. Perhaps not so good at English!

Sounds like i should bargain for evertyhing (including food?) and makes me wonder : is it common pratice to NOT show prices/must ask? Both these things combined are such an annoyance.. ???? 

I've never been there but i read quite a lot, watched docs.. 1/ My friend is not attracted to men in general 2/ I'm very picky and not attracted by her 3/ She & her friends do not have the low education usually linked to the girl you refer to. But of course, i could meet others..!

PS: Off topic, why is that i can't login the forum using the smartphone app "Tapatalk"? Tried both mail/nick..

if this is a real post (and I have doubts) do yourself a real favor and stay where you are...

"Dead end" is an unfortunate term. I would advise not trying to save money and wait. Though when and if life will return to normal in Nana and Pattaya is unknown. Oh, what the heck you only live once. Or more if you are Buddhist.