Scorchio! Temperatures of 40C throughout Thailand until next week

webfact

Scorchio! Temperatures of 40C throughout Thailand until next week

file.jpg

File photo

Thailand’s recent spell of hotter than usual weather is set to continue into next week.

Earlier this week, much of Thailand experienced temperatures of up to 41C.

Now forecasters at Thailand’s Meteorological Department have said the high temperatures are set to continue until 16 March.

From Thursday (12 March), temperatures will reach at least 40C throughout most of Thailand in what the Meteorological Department has officially described as “hot and very hot weather”.

The hot weather will bring increased humidity and possible summer thunderstorms, rain, gusty winds and even hail, particularly in north and north eastern regions.

Bangkok, central and eastern regions will also experience highs between 37-40C.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-12

Only the southern regions (east and west coast) will remain slightly cooler, experiencing highs between 33-38C.

Despite officially being in the summer season, the recent high temperatures are not typically expected until mid-April.

• Sad 1

More hype faux news. Currently 30c at 1pm afternoon just outside Chiang Mai. Highs up to 33-35 past week and still cool mornings. 41c max does happen but not often. And in other news Tom Hanks has died from the corona virus. 

Edited by Captain_Bob

11 minutes ago, legend49 said:

What does scorchio mean?

exciting, cool; sexy, racy quotations!!!

It was used in a very overrated sketch show, called the "the fast show" back in the 90's.. 20+ years too late to be cool and exciting

Edited by CraigInBangkok

Scorchio

Scorchio 
Orange scorchio cropped.png
Description: Scorchio
Info Page: Scorchio
Special Day: 14 March
Amount Created: 6,620,070 (17th - 2.37%)
How to Draw · Rainbow Pool

The Scorchio (from scorch, to burn) is a dragon-like Neopet, and one of the original species available from the sites launch on 15 November 1999. They prefer hot climates like volcanoes or deserts. Scorchios can fly and breathe fire - the Maraquan Scorchio can shoot lukewarm bubbles instead.

Their affinity for fire and hot weather leads to them being exceptionally resistant to fire attacks in the Battledome. They are also associated with fire in the Neopets Trading Card Game.

2 hours ago, Captain_Bob said:

More hype faux news. Currently 30c at 1pm afternoon just outside Chiang Mai. Highs up to 33-35 past week and still cool mornings. 41c max does happen but not often. And in other news Tom Hanks has died from the corona virus. 

It was 40.6 degrees in Bangkok 2 days ago and 41.7 I think it was, in Sukhothai. Maybe it's a little cooler in Chiang Mai, but that doesn't mean it isn't scorching hot elsewhere.

Cool mornings mean nothing - it's common for Chiang Mai to experience lows of 20 and highs of 40. By contrast, in Bangkok a typical overnight low at the moment might be 29 but then rise to 'only' 37. In Dawei, Myanmar, I've observed that overnight lows can be surprisingly cool for a coastal city (like 19 or 20) but then they rise to the same temperatures as in Bangkok during the day. Latitude wise, Dawei is at around the same level north as Bangkok.

Edited by drbeach

5 hours ago, Captain_Bob said:

Fake news He ain't Death

1 hour ago, angloirishaussie said:

craig you must have no sense of humour

I thought it had some amusing bits but it got old very fast with pretty much the same sketches week after week. Just my opinion though. I guess around that time i liked "the league of gentlemen", "spaced", "the day today", "i'm alan partridge".