Dont dodge the soap

UbonThani

21 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

That's always been the case to me my mother always told me wash your hands before meals and don't touch your eyes and mouth with your hands.

Well, my mother always told me, 'don't eat with food in your mouth, and don't talk with your mouth open.'

As for the soap, it seems to me the main reason for washing isn't necessarily to kill the virus but to get them off of your hands all together and down the drain. I saw information once that the most important aspect of hand washing was friction. Rubbing your hands together. That's why surgeons scrub with a brush. Soap, hot water and plenty of friction to remove microbes and kick them to the curb, that's my plan.

Edited by ColeBOzbourne
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ColeBOzbourne said:

Well, my mother always told me, 'don't eat with food in your mouth and don't talk with your mouth open.'

As for the soap, it seems to me the main reason for washing isn't to kill the virus but to get them off of your hands all together and down the drain. I saw information once that the most important aspect of hand washing was friction. Rubbing your hands together. That's why surgeons scrub with a brush. Soap, hot water and plenty of friction to remove microbes and kick them to the curb, that's my plan.

It's also why drying your hands with a paper towel is more effective than using those warm air dryers that are popular in public lavatories

Edited by ThaiBunny