Where can I buy US dollars in Bangkok?

finy

Hey,

I need to buy dollars for my Laos or Cambodian visa entry + a few more for the first few days.

Does anyone know where you can buy dollars in Bangkok?

I will arrive at train station and head to Mo Chit, so anywhere near Silom, Siam Square, or anywhere else near MRT/BTS would be great.

Thank you!

If you come in by train, get off at bangSue which is adjacent to brand new und. Constr main big station and besides that is the Mochit Bus station. Take MRT Bg Sue-Mochit/old. That saves 30 mins and a lot of hassle with the preying tuk+taximafia.

SuperRich : there are 3 of them, blue, white/green and orange. the orange now has small offices all over town (mostly aiming the places where Chinese used to come) and BUYing foreign money can only be done at their main big offices: beside BigC Rajprasong and along Silom/Chong Nonsri. Vasu is on Sukhumvit near soi 11. MUST show real passpt before!

It should as such also be possible at most real Thai banks,  but only to the amount they happen to have in stock. This should even be possible in Nongh Khai too-but with that risk.

Frankly: if you only need like 50/100 US$-you can use THB too for what you mention, at a lesser rate, but if you are the dumbo who uses taxiś to get to SR you loose more as you gain by a better rate.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, marin said:

No it is not. Go to any bank other than Kasikorn Thai.  Regarding your whole OP. You have to be kidding me. How did you get to Thailand and Samui, as you seem quite clueless?

Airplane.

• Haha 2

I recently needed $2800.  Bangkok Bank main branch in CM said I had to wait a week.  Went to multiple money exchanges and only found one with that amount.  Unfortunately, it was 90% small bills.  Small amounts were readily available.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 3:13 PM, nightbird said:

SuperRich and

Vasu at Sukhumvit Soi 7, Nana station stop.

And I find SuperRich gives the best rates, my experience anyway. Good Luck

Edited by blackcab
Font normalised
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, scoutman360 said:

SuperRich by far, as others have said. However most SuperRich booths at BTS stations only give out Thai Baht. Go to the Siam station for the SuperRich that will give you USD. 

Superrich at Onnut BTS supplied HKD when I needed some, no reason for them to not provide USD also.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i am sorry, some of the people on this forum are horrible.

superrich is the place.

good luck.

...apart from Vasu.  The rate differences between these two are so small (B0.02 to the dollar!) that they really don't matter.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Superrich at Onnut BTS supplied HKD when I needed some, no reason for them to not provide USD also.

Thanks for suggestion,

I'm going to try Vasu on Nana or SuperRich in Siam Paragon 3rd floor because I already did my research on them.

Hopefully I won't need to use your third suggestion.

It is worth noting that if buying usd for use in cambodia,you are better off with smaller bills.

Also they are very particular about the condition if the bills, 100 dollar notes readily accepted here were rejected over tiny markings or miniscule tears, or even for being too old looking or wrinkled.

• Like 1

Any bank will sell you that small money. Why is this even worth a post?

Oh yeah, you're on Samui. Duh.

Once you have visa squared you change money after xi ng border. Those countries want their own currencies now.

Edited by Number 6

It's just that I've been turned away from every bank and currency exchange booth in Lamai last year in search of US dollars.

They are like gold dust.

Much easier to do in Bangkok I'd imagine.

Edited by finy

You might want to check it is still possible to cross into Laos via a land border. In another thread is a link to say Laos has closed its borders. ( first visa run to Savannahket. ) So far seems to be in the north affecting crossings into Vietnam but keep an eye on the developing situation.

Edited by Denim
  • Like 1