Connecting Flights To / From Uth

Rocket

I thought I'd post this in the Issan forum as you tend to get more sensible replies here.

Here goes with the domestic flights back to DMK. Thai airways recommed 3.5hrs transfer time between airports (in either direction).

Has anyone got any actual times its taken to transfer between connecting flights from UTH to connect with international departures from BKK or vice versa arriving in BKK then transfering across the city to DMK to connect with either Nok air or Thai to UTH.

The reason why I ask I'll be arriving on an Emirates flight arriving just after Mid day...... options Nok air around 5pm or Thai at 8pm (from DMK).

Air Asia (from BKK) is out as I have a large amount of luggage >35kg.

I have been told the taxi takes about 1hr and the fare is around 500Bht.

Any information would be apprecaited.

Rgds

Rocket.

:o

I thought I'd post this in the Issan forum as you tend to get more sensible replies here.

Here goes with the domestic flights back to DMK. Thai airways recommed 3.5hrs transfer time between airports (in either direction).

Has anyone got any actual times its taken to transfer between connecting flights from UTH to connect with international departures from BKK or vice versa arriving in BKK then transfering across the city to DMK to connect with either Nok air or Thai to UTH.

The reason why I ask I'll be arriving on an Emirates flight arriving just after Mid day...... options Nok air around 5pm or Thai at 8pm (from DMK).

Air Asia (from BKK) is out as I have a large amount of luggage >35kg.

I have been told the taxi takes about 1hr and the fare is around 500Bht.

Any information would be apprecaited.

Rgds

Rocket.

:o

It depends on the time of day which has a big impact on traffic.

No traffic would mean easily done in 1 hour

I would count 3 hours for the trip (just in case) + allow for 1 hour delay of the arriving flight + 2 hours for check-in of departure flight + 1 hour to clear customs & immigration if arrival flight is international. But this is just me.

I have opted to drive all the way from Isaan to the new airport and it was quick and easy. I left Khun Han (south of Sisaket) at 7am and arrived at the airport (530km later) just after 12 mid day (route 24, 2, 1 and 9 toll 60 baht). It was in a Honda Jazz and we did not stop excpet for gazoline and a toilet. The route 9 was new and very busy but not blocked.