Tesco Lotus Trolleys

dave2

Hiya. two questions about Tesco Lotus Trolleys I have never used one so can some bright spark explain how a trolley loaded to the brim with Thai whisky , the weekly shopping ,a TV and a baby which in all probably weighs more than the 50 Kg Thai lady pushing it. 1 ..... Why doesn't it fly down the escalator dragging mum with it and a trip to Ram for the people shes run over. 2 .... Tongue in cheek chaps. How do I turn it off so I can save any future mums and babies from the same fate in the hope that shes eternally grateful to this old brit : ) I suspect magnets somehow , but if someone really knows how it works , please enlighten me. dave2

Hiya. two questions about Tesco Lotus Trolleys I have never used one so can some bright spark explain how a trolley loaded to the brim with Thai whisky , the weekly shopping ,a TV and a baby which in all probably weighs more than the 50 Kg Thai lady pushing it. 1 ..... Why doesn't it fly down the escalator dragging mum with it and a trip to Ram for the people shes run over. 2 .... Tongue in cheek chaps. How do I turn it off so I can save any future mums and babies from the same fate in the hope that shes eternally grateful to this old brit : ) I suspect magnets somehow , but if someone really knows how it works , please enlighten me. dave2

It seems the wheels have thin rings which sink into the long grooves of the escalator. Definitely not magnets. The only thing that would be able to defeat it would be altering the wheels on the carts or if enough crud built up inside the channels to prevent the wheel from sinking into it.

SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD BA^&*&*RD Is all that comes to mind. If thats the biggest burden in your life you need to get one!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a life in case it was too difficult to figure out!!!!!

:o

look at it this way. the escelator bites. that too very hardly. but leaves them people alone.

SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD BA^&*&*RD Is all that comes to mind. If thats the biggest burden in your life you need to get one!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a life in case it was too difficult to figure out!!!!!

Don't be a Tard. He is just joking but curious about how the system works.

Hiya two questions about Tesco Lotus Trolleys I have never used one so can some bright spark explain how a trolley loaded to the brim with Thai whisky , the weekly shopping ,a TV and a baby which in all probably weighs more than the 50 Kg Thai lady pushing it

1 ..... Why doesn't it fly down the escalator dragging mum with it and a trip to Ram for the people shes run over

2 .... Tongue in cheek chaps. How do I turn it off so I can save any future mums and babies from the same fate in the hope that shes eternally grateful to this old brit :

I suspect magnets somehow , but if someone really knows how it works , please enlighten me

The only question I only have is how do they fit all that above on a motorsy and ride it home? :o

Edited by Donnyboy

I can think of a few words for you..but I'm in a good mood today....but give the guy a break it's his first post and you come up ridiculing him? Are you sure he's the one who needs to get a life?

"...but give the guy a break it's his first post and you come up ridiculing him? Are you sure he's the one who needs to get a life?"

Indeed.

And I actually had the same passing thought one day, but then was so focused on getting home to the comfort of my own bathroom that I had no time to investigate the cart mechanics. So I'm glad somebody reminded me of this tiny THai mystery.

Most carts I've seen b4 that don't roll off have a handle squeeze grip that auto locks the wheels. Didn't see this on the carts there though. Forgot the thought and am happy to be reminded to go back and have a look-see next time.

SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD BA^&*&*RD Is all that comes to mind. If thats the biggest burden in your life you need to get one!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a life in case it was too difficult to figure out!!!!! WOW H2oDunce .im sorry my wanting to know how something works forced you to write SAD ELEVEN TIMES ! i have a retirement visa , thai driving licences , more than enough money in thai and uk banks to see me through my lifetime , two regular girlfriends ( see pics ) and im a SAD BA^&*&*RD who retired at 57 ..... so no , i dont have any ' burdens ' in my life nor do i need ' to get a life ' as i have all i could wish for thank you very much. all i have is an enquiring mind and wanted to know the answer to a simple question which other people took as a genuine lighthearted question , but you had to throw your toys out of your pram and get your flamethrower out . im sorry my friend but i dont think im the SAD BA^&*&*RD around here ...... try looking closer to home ! Ps have you ever thought of going on an 'anger management course' : ) dave2

I think inside the grooved cart wheel there must be a square hub, and when the grooves of the wheel slip into the grooves of the escalator belt the squared hub rests flat on the belt with the friction between the square hub and the belt holding the cart in in place.

Hiya two questions about Tesco Lotus Trolleys I have never used one so can some bright spark explain how a trolley loaded to the brim with Thai whisky , the weekly shopping ,a TV and a baby which in all probably weighs more than the 50 Kg Thai lady pushing it

1 ..... Why doesn't it fly down the escalator dragging mum with it and a trip to Ram for the people shes run over

2 .... Tongue in cheek chaps. How do I turn it off so I can save any future mums and babies from the same fate in the hope that shes eternally grateful to this old brit :

I suspect magnets somehow , but if someone really knows how it works , please enlighten me

The only question I only have is how do they fit all that above on a motorsy and ride it home? :o

Hiya donneyboy After seeing what thais carry on motorbikes i think it would be a combination of a lot of bungees , a few sky hooks ,some bits of string and a prayer to Buddha but i believe they would get it all home somehow : ) regards .... dave2

SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD SAD BA^&*&*RD Is all that comes to mind. If thats the biggest burden in your life you need to get one!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a life in case it was too difficult to figure out!!!!! WOW H2oDunce .im sorry my wanting to know how something works forced you to write SAD ELEVEN TIMES ! i have a retirement visa , thai driving licences , more than enough money in thai and uk banks to see me through my lifetime , two regular girlfriends ( see pics ) and im a SAD BA^&*&*RD who retired at 57 ..... so no , i dont have any ' burdens ' in my life nor do i need ' to get a life ' as i have all i could wish for thank you very much. all i have is an enquiring mind and wanted to know the answer to a simple question which other people took as a genuine lighthearted question , but you had to throw your toys out of your pram and get your flamethrower out . im sorry my friend but i dont think im the SAD BA^&*&*RD around here ...... try looking closer to home ! Ps have you ever thought of going on an 'anger management course' : ) dave2

dave2, with those two hotties to occupy you, how do you ever find time to go shopping? :o:D

i don't really understand the post , but from the words i figure is about trolleys safey or some kinda accident that happen .

anyway here my bite on it .

alot of accident is a combo of lack of understand , rush , and simple careless or greed . sloth

Ok why i say greed . greed many may think is meant MOney . but to me greed mean

to get more then you can , to pack more , go faster , do more , take more ,

Sloth -

lazy to break the process into two

some process can be done in a few step but a combo of greed and sloth

you want to do it in one step .

RUsh .

when you rush , you use less of your brain and common sence - all you think is get it done . and alway depend more on size and look without considering safey and logic .

ok . human is really a very strange animal .

we alway try to seek answer to what happen . but not answer before it happen .

we like to explain thing .

eg.. oh he die of this and that ,

the accident happen COS .

but is alway too late .

ok back to throlleys.

yeh is not the best design ..

a Simple sign . that advice shopper or ( WARN ) shopper not to overload the throlley or above the brim ( put a weight limit on it ) . would be great

Put the throlley warning sign in big red. .

then again . alot of thing in the world is of poor design .

what we can do as user . is to choose where to do and what to do .

human is both stupid at time and smart at time . just alway using it at the wrong time .

so next time if you see some smart person doing stupid thing . be kind enough to point it out . even if you get a negative respone ..

people usually care less till accident happen . cos we seem to be alway thinking accident can only happen to others .

good luck and be safe then sorry

ps. sorry to say so . but the two photo look like small boy showing off his toy .

like when i am a kid i like to show my fren my lastest toy .

Edited by Ta22

dave2, with those two hotties to occupy you, how do you ever find time to go shopping? :D:D

he needs to come up for air sometime :bah: besides you have to restock the fridge of M150 !!! :D

ps nothing sad about your life mate :D and welcome to thaivisa :o

Edited by Donnyboy