A special day! Former US citizen and now Thai funnyman goes with parents to get his Thai ID card

rooster59

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

He did not arrive until 2001, came here as a toddler then went back to the USA for higher education and University. Then fell out with the Christian cult he was brought up in over their 'alleged' abuse of children and damaging tribal cultures they were bullying into believing in their Pentecostal cult around the world, including Thailand. Has he become a Buddhist? we don't know as he only brags about this I got a Thai passport song and dance. Says Thailand is the best nationality but clearly not good enough to go to University in.

Bitter, much?

The article says he arrived in 1978. His sister was born here. 

Plently of natural born Thais go overseas and are educated. Why can’t he? 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, samran said:

Bitter, much?

The article says he arrived in 1978. His sister was born here. 

Plently of natural born Thais go overseas and are educated. Why can’t he? 

Bitter what for, just mentioning what he has written himself, he came then some years later LEFT and returned in 2001 with wife, thought Thailand was that great back then they almost went somewhere else

https://ntmabuse.wordpress.com/2009/07/29/allen-long/

'Immediately after I graduated from high school I enrolled in NTM’s Bible Institute in Waukesha, Wisconsin. I got married during that time and my wife and I eventually completed the NTM training and arrived in Thailand as missionaries in early 2001.

We soon joined the work in the Yellow Leaf tribe, where my parents were serving at that time. Then on June 30, 2003, based on my parents’ resignation from NTM, the NTM (Thailand) leadership felt that my wife and I should move to a different work, or even a different country'

You can see from the pic they are still in the yellow leaf tribe ????

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 2

Many USA citizens that live abroad wish they could renounce their citizenship and become a permanent citizen elsewhere. The USA has changed a lot the past 30 years ...politicians no longer representing their constituents but the interests of corporate America and for being one of the richest countries in the world, according to various studies the  standard of living for the average working American has decreased.  -And with the polarization of both political parties, a kind of “tribalism” has been created. 

Edited by toenail

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Wow, it's really put your nose out of joint hasn't it?  That not everyone thinks the USA is the greatest country on earth.

It's actually none of your business, stop crying and get over it.  The man made the choice for his own reasons and is happy with it, end of story.  

Stuff on the internet is evryone's business, nobody asked him to publicize it. It's these missionaries taking advantage of the poor and indigenous people I am more interested in. The odd clown getting a Thai passport and claiming Thai is the greatest without explanation does not put anyone's nose out of joint, more like a smile on their face ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Stuff on the internet is evryone's business, nobody asked him to publicize it. It's these missionaries taking advantage of the poor and indigenous people I am more interested in. The odd clown getting a Thai passport and claiming Thai is the greatest without explanation does not put anyone's nose out of joint, more like a smile on their face ????

Why is he a clown for wanting to be a citizen of the country he loves. If he has no use for US citizenship what use is it to him. There are many that rescind their US citizenship every year. Not everyone thinks it is a great country or worth even visiting.

Why do you think he owes you an explanation.

Edited by Sujo

stupid choice to lose the option of a safe haven or port.  The only thing that keeping citizenship might have done to cause him problems is he may have tax liability for money and business overseas.  I doubt he has any legitimate income or business.

Now he has lost all Medicare eligibility, and any social security eligibility.  So be it.  Give us an update when he becomes a senior citizen

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, DubleA said:

So he doesn't have to pay the IRS.  Seems very logical to me. 

I believe that is his main and only reason for doing this.  Dodgy income at best, tax implications of money he gets from his cult church or however he is supported, etc.

Give us a status update when he becomes a senior.  with no access to Medicare, or any social security benefits.  Or how about when Thailand decides to renounce his citizenship?  Such things do happen.  How about legal issues in Thailand?  Do you think he will be treated like a Thia or a foreigner, despite what his ID card says. 

He left himself extremely vulnerable to many things

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, DubleA said:

Just know even Tina Turner rescinded her us citizenship.  So please,  the US government is asking expats where your assets are so they can tax them later.  Remember - 1913 - and the 1%...

This topic is overflowing with Social Security contribution and payment, IRS, and FBAR ignorance but Tina Turner!? She has probably spent more on shoes and wigs than Khun Phrae has earned in his lifetime.

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 14.45.50.png

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1