Thai govt advised to stop all crowd activities and events

webfact

13 hours ago, fcbkk said:

i do argue the point that a mask does not protect you from being infected. A mask does reduce the risk for yourself too, provided it is a suitable quality design, correctly worn and handled. 

If there is a large amount of droplets from a transmitter then they may reach your eyes, thus render a mask pointless, but if there is a limited amount of droplets (e.g. you may not be immediately in the vicinity or you may be in the area some time after the emission) then surely it is better to have a protection in front of the highest risk route of infection rather than none. 

There are many studies on the effectiveness of masks out there, or check the link i posted in a previous comment. 

Of course, you're right. If a quality mask is used correctly, it will be of some protection for sure. I just see that so many people totally miss the point about sick people wearing them not to infect others.

Edited by ChomDo

1 hour ago, ChomDo said:

Of course, you're right. If a quality mask is used correctly, it will be of some protection for sure. I just see that so many people totally miss the point about sick people wearing them not to infect others.

Yes, right. I guess some people still assume it can’t happen to them and if it did they’d know before they can pass it on.