Visa To Japan

Hello, i have used the search function (not much there on this topic) and looked at the Japanese embassy webpage (relevant info in thai)...

girlfriend is Thai and has never been abroad - want to meet up with her in Japan (where i am working) for a holiday. does anyone have experience on getting a visa...have heard i may have to be a kind of guarantor proving that she isnt coming over here to work and that there is alot of red tape but is possible.

anyway, any help appreciated.

Hello, i have used the search function (not much there on this topic) and looked at the Japanese embassy webpage (relevant info in thai)...

girlfriend is Thai and has never been abroad - want to meet up with her in Japan (where i am working) for a holiday. does anyone have experience on getting a visa...have heard i may have to be a kind of guarantor proving that she isnt coming over here to work and that there is alot of red tape but is possible.

Hi,

I am also working in Japan and have invited a Thai for a holiday in Japan.

The visa is called : Temporary visitors visa for sightseeing. It is valid for a 90 days stay once issued. The visa is valid and the entry must be made within a 6 months period starting on the issue date of the visa.

This is what I had prepared and was presented to the Japanese Embassy in Bangkok :

- Application form (can be downloaded from website) + 1 ID foto

Although not employed, stated was working as self employed (hair stylist)

Myself as guarantor (friend)

- Passport with validity of more than 6 months

- Copy of ID card and Tabien baan

- Simple itinerary of planned visit in Japan (Kyoto, etc)

- Letter from myself detailing the reason for invitation (long time friend, short holidays, etc)

- Letter from myself to guarantee (living and travel expenses, that the applicat will not engage in activities other than vstated in the visa purpose - tourist-, that I will be the guarantor of teh applicant in case of legal proceedings with the applicant in japan)

- My salary/employment certificate from my employer

- My latest tax return form copy

- My passport copy with Japan visas, period of stays, etc.

- My foreigner Japanese ID card

- A travel certificate from a Travel agent stating itinerary and flight details of the reservations

- Copy of health insurance certificate covering applicant for period of stay in Japan

- Copy and original of bank book of applicant

- Copy of land deeds in name of applicant

- Fotos of applicant working in 'a' hair salon....

First application was made without a bank book and was not accepted

next application with bank book (only a few 10k baht) was accepted on 28 and visa issued next 4 (1 week)

Good luck

just noticed your reply - thanks krub, really helpful.

Hi,

I am also working in Japan and have invited a Thai for a holiday in Japan.

The visa is called : Temporary visitors visa for sightseeing. It is valid for a 90 days stay once issued. The visa is valid and the entry must be made within a 6 months period starting on the issue date of the visa.

This is what I had prepared and was presented to the Japanese Embassy in Bangkok :

- Application form (can be downloaded from website) + 1 ID foto

Although not employed, stated was working as self employed (hair stylist)

Myself as guarantor (friend)

- Passport with validity of more than 6 months

- Copy of ID card and Tabien baan

- Simple itinerary of planned visit in Japan (Kyoto, etc)

- Letter from myself detailing the reason for invitation (long time friend, short holidays, etc)

- Letter from myself to guarantee (living and travel expenses, that the applicat will not engage in activities other than vstated in the visa purpose - tourist-, that I will be the guarantor of teh applicant in case of legal proceedings with the applicant in japan)

- My salary/employment certificate from my employer

- My latest tax return form copy

- My passport copy with Japan visas, period of stays, etc.

- My foreigner Japanese ID card

- A travel certificate from a Travel agent stating itinerary and flight details of the reservations

- Copy of health insurance certificate covering applicant for period of stay in Japan

- Copy and original of bank book of applicant

- Copy of land deeds in name of applicant

- Fotos of applicant working in 'a' hair salon....

First application was made without a bank book and was not accepted

next application with bank book (only a few 10k baht) was accepted on 28 and visa issued next 4 (1 week)

Good luck

I worked in Yokohama for just short on three years and the TGF stayed with me for a good part of that time.

We are not married and used the 90 day tourist visa route ... my TGF could stay in Japan for max 90 days at a time provided she stayed out of Japan for as many days as she stayed in. All in she must have made about 6 or 7 trips, without any real problems. I took my leave in the 90 days "out" so we were toghther for most of the time.

Documents she submitted at the emabssy in Japan were

1. Application form + photgraphs

2. Letter from me explaining our relationship / her background and why she left her job in the factory (looking after mother + travelled to UAE with me)

3. Her family house registration papers

4. Proof of my employment (copy contract)

5. Copy of my apartment rental agreement in Japan

5. Copy of my bank statements

6 Guarantee letter from me

The BKK Japanese Consulate website will explain all that is needed and best you check in case they have added anything since last year.

For the first visa application I went to the Japanese Consulate in BKK with the TGF and asked to speak to the Japanese gut in charge .. waited 30 minutes and got to see him, expalined the situation and asked to make sure I had everthing needed ...worked a treat .... the first visa took a couple of weeks because the Japanese Consulate in Japan checked back with Immigration in Japan ...but each time after that only took 2 days.

If you want copies of the letters /paperwork I submitted give me a contact email and I will send them to you

Getting the TGF to Japan was the best thing I did ....

Edited by eddie eagle