Ranong Border Hop

Hi,

I have a METV and thinking about going to Ranong to do the boat trip to Burma and back the same day.

Questions:

1.  Any recent issues with immigration?

2.  I intend to bring bt20,000 and a confirmed flight out ... but the flight isn't until mid July.  Better to not show it if asked?

3.  Still 2 options available for the crossing?... Andaman Club vs the slower independent route.

Thanks....

I have done the Club Andaman run several times but the longtail boat only once.  Andaman is very quick and comfortable, you can be over and back in less than an hour in an airconditioned cabin cruiser. The longtail takes several hours fully exposed to the elements, rain or hot sun. Up to you !

I drive from Don Sak ferry taking about 4.5 hrs through some very beautiful country, last time i then drove south and took the road through the Kao Sok national park. There are many cabins if you want to overnight.  Or of course there is a mini bus day service.

Edited by Huckenfell

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless you have a valid visa to enter Myanmar you cannot enter now.  

Is there a way to apply for one ? E visa or what?

Dutch friend asking me but I don't have the answer. Thanks.

OK   Just checked their web-site.

Temporary suspension of issue from 20th March.. 

Friend now doesn't know what to do.

Edited by overherebc

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Apply for a visa at the Myanmar embassy in Bangkok or the consulate in Chiang Mai.

It is now only possible to enter by air to Myanmar. They stopped entries by land.image.png.b15f9d669500d5aa1f023c96ef88424b.png

Source: https://mebangkok.org/index.php/en/2020-03-20-09-29-36

Thanks.

His next problem ( my guess ) would be fufilling conditions to enter Thailand again.