Don’t panic, we can easily meet consumer goods demand: major suppliers

webfact

1 hour ago, Iron Tongue said:

Actually, the toilet paper hoarding started in Hong Kong with a triad hijacking a truckload full, then spread to Australia with women fist fighting over packages. 

World news reported these stories and the panic spread.

Home from shopping and plenty in the supermarket I just bought one pack

14 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

That's good to hear but I hope unlike the floods in 2011 they don't put the prices up like water went to 30 baht a bottle and other goods went up.

Lets hope the retailers do not monopalise on the people in the name of greed and people suffering.

If they do they should be in jail but we know that is just fantasy.

I hope they do raise the prices.  Higher prices stops people from hoarding which means I can buy what i need when i need it

12 hours ago, zydeco said:

It didn't stop the greedy woman at Foodland yesterday who loaded up her cart with every package of chicken available. She bought nothing else, just a cart overflowing with packages of chicken. When I went to the butcher counter, I was told no more available. So, thanks, Foodland. When people act like that woman you should put a limit on her buying. I usually buy much, much more than just the four or five chicken breasts I get every Monday. But it's still a staple for me. I'll just go elsewhere now that I know I cannot rely on Foodland to keep one person from pigging out their entire holding of a major purchase item. And, btw, the hoarder didn't buy anything else. Just chicken. How dumb is that for a store manager? Run away a customer who comes in every week and buys 3000 or 4000 of groceries just to let a one-time hoarder clean you out. No more Foodlands for me. Tops only, I guess.

see my post above

14 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

That's good to hear but I hope unlike the floods in 2011 they don't put the prices up like water went to 30 baht a bottle and other goods went up.

Lets hope the retailers do not monopalise on the people in the name of greed and people suffering.

If they do they should be in jail but we know that is just fantasy.

Food stuffs seem to be readily available but masks, Alcohol hand Gels and antiseptic sprays, surface wipes like Clorox or Lysol ( even Detrol) are hard to find or at higher prices. Was at Central Lad Prao today and they were selling in 1 Pharmacy a large bottle of hand sanitizer for 375 baht  (usually 89 baht) No bottles of liquid alcohol in any of the Pharmacies.  Guess the Gov better start ramping up to 100 % for those products.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, yourauntbob said:

I hope they do raise the prices.  Higher prices stops people from hoarding which means I can buy what i need when i need it

Personally I don't think it does of the basics such as water and food. Usually the price rises are higher but not that high, they don't hoard.

As an example a 10 baht bottle of water tripled to 30-40. People still hoarded. If it went to 300 or 400 that might stop hoarding but very poor people would be affected.

Greed seems to take over with many shops and outlets. I found the mama and papa shops the most sincere as they didn't seem to rip their local customer off.

Just came back from Walmart in Nevada, No bottled water, canned goods, meats, lunch meats the shelves are empty.

5 days ago the same.

The fruit section was about the only thing left in stock and doesn't last very long.

Nevada now on a 30 day Shut Down as of today like the Tri-State area on the east coast.

Buy it while you can.