Free Covid-19 tests for people who have visited crowded locations

webfact

Free Covid-19 tests for people who have visited crowded locations

By The Nation

800_0896bca5d4485a7.jpg?v=1584429412

Sukhum Kanchanapimai

The Public Health Ministry has decided to provide free Covid-19 tests for people who have been in crowded locations, permanent secretary Sukhum Kanchanapimai said today (March 17), but certain categories of people will not be covered under this free service.

Those who visited crowded spots including boxing stadiums and entertainment venues and have developed a cough, fever, nasal mucus and a sore throat are advised to wear face masks and immediately go for a coronavirus check at any public hospital.

If the test is positive, they will receive treatment free of charge.

However, the ministry said it will not provide free coronavirus tests for people who travel back from high-risk countries, those who interact with foreign tourists, people who have infected lungs without a cause, people whose family members travel to high-risk nations, those with respiratory diseases and medical personnel.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384246

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-17
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, webfact said:

not provide free coronavirus tests for people who . . . interact with foreign tourists,

The target on our back just got a little bit bigger. So, this means your wife and your family, if you're married, too? Suppose so.

Edited by zydeco
  • Like 1

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/covid-19-entertainment-sports-venues-to-be-closed-for-14-days/

All entertainment places and sports venues in and around Bangkok, including pubs, massage parlours and nightclubs, will be closed for two weeks as part of the government’s attempts to curb the spread of the coronavirus, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha announced this afternoon.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zydeco said:

The target on our back just got a little bit bigger. So, this means your wife and your family, if you're married, too? Suppose so.

I would hope not as I hav'nt stepped foot outside this country for a few years, but it honestly would'nt surprise me

2 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/covid-19-entertainment-sports-venues-to-be-closed-for-14-days/

All entertainment places and sports venues in and around Bangkok, including pubs, massage parlours and nightclubs, will be closed for two weeks as part of the government’s attempts to curb the spread of the coronavirus, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha announced this afternoon.

...and what about the rest of Thailand? Open doors? No restrictive travel? For Buddha's sake, man, are you that dumb?

For posters: it was a rhetoric question.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CraigInBangkok said:

I would hope not as I hav'nt stepped foot outside this country for a few years, but it honestly would'nt surprise me

Neither have I. Not in 8 years. But conceivably this means my housecleaner and her husband, who does yard work for me, could be denied testing AND treatement, because they interact with me. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Neither have I. Not in 8 years. But conceivably this means my housecleaner and her husband, who does yard work for me, could be denied testing AND treatement, because they interact with me. 

They did explicitly say tourists ...we are not tourists so lets just hope there is some common sense????

Edited by CraigInBangkok
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CraigInBangkok said:

They did explicitly say tourists ...we are not tourists so lets just hope there is some common sense????

Unless you have PR, you're a tourist. We all are. All we have are extensions on our original visas.

• Like 1

This is getting worrying for us farangs in Thailand. Anyone who interacts with Farangs (trust me, Thais do not distinguish between tourists and expats) are not given free tests. So the message to Thai people is: You better stay away from those dirty, filthy, farangs who dress in rags and never shower and who are responsible for spreading the virus. I can hear the cry from the health minister growing in strenght: - They should all be kicked out

Geeez - what a country...

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Thailand said:

I guess that would apply to those joining the hordes at immigration offices, Chiang Mai for instance?

Good point! No free tests or treatment for Immigration either. That ought to make them real happy to see us at extension renewal time.

14 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Good point! No free tests or treatment for Immigration either. That ought to make them real happy to see us at extension renewal time.

Although a coughing fit at immigration mat get you seen quicker...or taken away...