'We're going big': Trump seeks $1 trillion economic stimulus as U.S. battles coronavirus

webfact

4 hours ago, zydeco said:

The same airlines that spent $45 billion over the past ten years in stock buybacks artificially boosting their stock price and executive bonuses. 

America the great 555....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, leeneeds said:

The debt of the country will be in  numbers that I can not write.

Name Number
Million 1 x 106
Billion 1 x 109
Trillion 1 x 1012
Quadrillion 1 x 1015
Quintillion 1 x 1018
Sextillion 1 x 1021
Septillion 1 x 1024
Octillion 1 x 1027
Nonillion 1 x 1030
Decillion 1 x 1033
Undecillion 1 x 1036
Duodecillion 1 x 1039
Tredecillion 1 x 1042
Quattuordecillion 1 x 1045
Quindecillion 1 x 1048
Sexdecillion 1 x 1051
Septendecillion 1 x 1054
Octodecillion 1 x 1057
Novemdecillion 1 x 1060
Vigintillion 1 x 1063
Unvigintillion 1 x 1066
Duovigintillion 1 x 1069
Trevigintillion 1 x 1072
Quattuorvigintillion 1 x 1075
Quinvigintillion 1 x 1078
Sexvigintillion 1 x 1081
Septenvigintillion 1 x 1084
Octovigintillion 1 x 1087
Nonvigintillion 1 x 1090
Trigintillion 1 x 1093
Untrigintillion 1 x 1096
Duotrigintillion 1 x 1099
Ten-duotrigintillion (or Googol) 1 x 10100
Skewer's Number 1 x 10130
Centillion 1 x 10303
Googolplex 1 x 1010100

And when the dust settles after the latest viral tornado, the bankers will have the perfect scapegoat on which to blame the biggest financial crisis in history.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, PaceArrow said:

Interesting parallel, that the most dominated Democrat states of New York, Washington and California have the most confirmed cases of the highly contagious respiratory illness. Is there a prophetic message there??

Probably a function of the fact that they have lots of wealthy people who travel a lot. Georgia also is a hotspot because it has the busiest airport in the world.

• Haha 2

They used to tell me I was building a dream
And so I followed the mob
When there was earth to plow or guns to bear
I was always there right on the job

They used to tell me I was building a dream
With peace and glory ahead
Why should I be standing in line
Just waiting for bread?

Once I built a railroad, I made it run
Made it race against time
Once I built a railroad, now it's done
Brother, can you spare a dime?
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Funny. Trump will get re-elected on Andrew Yang's platform. 

Actually, Trump may be using Obama's playbook from 2008....

[The Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 provided payments averaging $600 per person, injecting more than $100 billion into the economy within a matter of months.]

[The payments were directly deposited into bank accounts by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to taxpayers who filed their taxes electronically, or came as paper checks to other taxpayers. Individuals who didn't make enough to pay federal taxes still had to file an IRS statement that year to get a payment.]

[Economists concluded that it was one of the most effective measures deployed to blunt the impact of the worst downturn since the 1930s.]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/explainer-white-house-1-000-182527422.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_index

I do recall receiving money from the IRS through direct deposit, but can't remember how much.  And yes, I was in Thailand at the time.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Actually, Trump may be using Obama's playbook from 2008....

[The Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 provided payments averaging $600 per person, injecting more than $100 billion into the economy within a matter of months.]

[The payments were directly deposited into bank accounts by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to taxpayers who filed their taxes electronically, or came as paper checks to other taxpayers. Individuals who didn't make enough to pay federal taxes still had to file an IRS statement that year to get a payment.]

[Economists concluded that it was one of the most effective measures deployed to blunt the impact of the worst downturn since the 1930s.]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/explainer-white-house-1-000-182527422.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_index

I do recall receiving money from the IRS through direct deposit, but can't remember how much.  And yes, I was in Thailand at the time.

That is exactly how I remember it, too. A similar system will likely be responsible for payouts this time, too, especially since they are promising the money within two weeks. Two weeks is not a lot of time to create paperwork, have people apply, then be screened, then approved, and only then get the money.

Great move by Trump - hopefully the money will keep the economy moving and stop it collapsing.  Not much positives out of avoiding the virus, but the economy crashes and masses of companies fold and many millions are out of work.  Hope the rest of the world follows suit. Trump knows the truth - his Admin must do what they can to ensure that both the people and the  businesses survive this.

• Like 2

It’s all trump knows borrow and spend imo it will take several generations to recover from this administration imagine a competent administration that had prepared in January for this not one that had lied and denied to keep the stock bubble inflated.oh well it is what it is imo more debt is not the answere maybe a hold on mortgage payments and granting unemployment benefits but not more debt

Edited by Tug
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kelsall said:

Will those Americans who feel Trump is "not my president" be refusing the $1000?

55555  If the US GOV is going to give me back some of MY money that I've paid in taxes, of course I'm going to take it.  What kind of a question is that?  Now if Trump wanted to give me some of his own personal money, I might have to think about it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

That's a good idea. Or just liquidate the stock and turn the companies over to the bondholders. Those people are smarter than people who buy stocks anyway.

Why are you obsessed with giving companies to bondholders? Do you hold a lot of corprate bonds?

Most peoples' pension funds hold a large proportion of publicly quoted stocks.

5 hours ago, roquefort said:

Why are you obsessed with giving companies to bondholders? Do you hold a lot of corprate bonds?

Most peoples' pension funds hold a large proportion of publicly quoted stocks.

I'm not obsessesed with it. It only applies if companies don't have enough money to pay their debt holders and don't meet other covenants agreed upon. I'm sure most pension fund managers have strict criteria to avoid the many many companies that have poor debt to income ratios.

Edited by lannarebirth

7 hours ago, Kelsall said:

Will those Americans who feel Trump is "not my president" be refusing the $1000?

I had some respect for his cojones when he said it would be over in May not now he has fallen for the Democrat Corona Hoax. Can't figure out though what part of his medical genius is engaged now and not then ? Most strange ...could it be little Dr Fauci....

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Haha 1