Front-runner Biden crushes Sanders in Florida, projected to win Illinois

webfact

4 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

social distancing does not mean cutting yourself off from reality.

Wake up and smell the coffee...trump has made serious inroads

with independents and even democrats who are stunned by the evil

unhinged people who run their party.

All these primary results are just measuring the choice of the democrat base.

When it's time to rumble, Biden will crumble. ®

(Im trademarking this btw)

Any evidence to support your claim about inroads with independents and democrats?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

social distancing does not mean cutting yourself off from reality.

Wake up and smell the coffee...trump has made serious inroads

with independents and even democrats who are stunned by the evil

unhinged people who run their party.

All these primary results are just measuring the choice of the democrat base.

When it's time to rumble, Biden will crumble. ®

(Im trademarking this btw)

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

Any evidence to support your claim about inroads with independents and democrats?

No evidence at all!????

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, blazes said:

The "fact" is that the people who vote in the primaries are Democrats.  Therefore you can't claim that these people are "voters".  You will only be able to use the term "voters" when it comes to the general election on November 3.

Sprinkle a few facts and try to twist. LOL Good luck with that!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

This is data they publish for all to see.

Just because you're too lazy to check it out, doesnt mean it's false.

I can tell its way past your bed time.

Actually you're too lazy to post it.  Or, more likely, it doesn't exist.

33 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

He already is the Big Pharma attack dog.

True but with the potus behind him his bite would definitely be greater than his bark rite now all he can do is bark!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tug said:

True but with the potus behind him his bite would definitely be greater than his bark rite now all he can do is bark!

Just the opposite. Laws are made in Congress. The presidency is just the bully pulpit. Though it can pass Executive Orders, Bernie can't and Joe is in the bag for the Big Pharma/Big Corporate Healthcare crowd. Maybe that will change if enough people die. I can't see Joe surrounding himself with his betters.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Some off topic posts and replies about Trump's election campaign have been removed as the topic is about:

Front-runner Biden crushes Sanders in Florida, projected to win Illinois

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Joe Biden coasted to a blowout victory over Bernie Sanders in Florida's Democratic presidential primary and was projected to win Illinois on Tuesday, edging closer to the nomination to face President Donald Trump in November's election.

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Yeah, right. Here's a few choice bits form Biden's program:

• Medicare could negotiate directly with drug companies for lower prices in that program.
  • Launch prices for drugs that face no competition would have their Medicare and individual market prices tied to a process called "external reference pricing"––based on what a market basket of other nations are willing to pay thereby bringing U.S. prices more in line with what is paid in other industrialized economies.
  • Biden is also proposing a public option to be marketed alongside the private individual health insurance options in the insurance exchanges:

"Whether you're covered through your employer, buying your insurance on your own, or going without coverage altogether, the Biden Plan will give you the choice to purchase a public option health insurance option like Medicare...by negotiating lower prices from hospitals and other health care providers."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertlaszewski2/2019/12/22/joe-bidens-health-care-plan-would-fix-the-individual-health-insurance-system/#5bcdfc691f93

His plan also includes eliminating the capital gains tax for the super wealthy and making them pay the same rate as they do on earned income. And he plans to raise that rate back to 39.6%.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a law that states the government cannot negotiate with pharmaceutical companies on prices for drugs?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a law that states the government cannot negotiate with pharmaceutical companies on prices for drugs?

Well yes there is. But since it's not part of the Constitution, that law can be changed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

The VA and DoD are allowed to negotiate drug prices.  Medicare is not:

" One bargaining chip to attract market-oriented Republican votes was the so-called “noninterference clause”—a provision drug manufacturers had a major role in writing and getting through Congress—which banned negotiations between Medicare and pharmaceutical companies on drug prices and prevented the government from developing its own formulary or pricing structure. Instead of CMS negotiating on Part D plans’ behalf, prescription drug plans compete for enrollees and negotiate directly with manufacturers. "   https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20160919.056632/full/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

The VA and DoD are allowed to negotiate drug prices.  Medicare is not:

" One bargaining chip to attract market-oriented Republican votes was the so-called “noninterference clause”—a provision drug manufacturers had a major role in writing and getting through Congress—which banned negotiations between Medicare and pharmaceutical companies on drug prices and prevented the government from developing its own formulary or pricing structure. Instead of CMS negotiating on Part D plans’ behalf, prescription drug plans compete for enrollees and negotiate directly with manufacturers. "   https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20160919.056632/full/

Yeah, hell of a job DoD does negotiating prices. $800 for a hammer, $500,000,000 for an airplane. I'm not sure how much more government negotiating Americans can take.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Alex said:

Yeah, hell of a job DoD does negotiating prices. $800 for a hammer, $500,000,000 for an airplane. I'm not sure how much more government negotiating Americans can take.

I could write quite a lot about military acquisition, and why many of the failures are the result of rules and interference from Congress, but it would be off-topic.

Since the DoD and VA have medical requirements that are not identical to that of the population at large, it is difficult to do an apples to apples comparison.  However studies indicate that the VA does get better prices than Medicare.  

"That makes the Medicare drug program unique among federal health programs; the Medicaid program contains mandatory drug price rebates, and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) requires that drug providers charge no more than the lowest price paid by any private-sector buyer. The VA pays 40 percent less than Part D, according to a 2011 research study published in Health Economics. "  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-column-miller-medicare-idUSKCN1II2JO

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, heybruce said:

I could write quite a lot about military acquisition, and why many of the failures are the result of rules and interference from Congress, but it would be off-topic.

Since the DoD and VA have medical requirements that are not identical to that of the population at large, it is difficult to do an apples to apples comparison.  However studies indicate that the VA does get better prices than Medicare.  

"That makes the Medicare drug program unique among federal health programs; the Medicaid program contains mandatory drug price rebates, and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) requires that drug providers charge no more than the lowest price paid by any private-sector buyer. The VA pays 40 percent less than Part D, according to a 2011 research study published in Health Economics. "  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-column-miller-medicare-idUSKCN1II2JO

Yes, I'm certain Congress plays a HUGE role in stupid spending. So why do now go to them to reduce costs of anything? Oops!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Yes, I'm certain Congress plays a HUGE role in stupid spending. So why do now go to them to reduce costs of anything? Oops!

As the link explained, the VA is doing a good job of providing prescription drugs at a lower price than the private sector.

If you want to go on a generic anti-government rant, don't do it by replying to a very specific post.

Something has occurred to me that I hope occurs to the Biden campaign.

The Covid-19 situation has changed everything, including of course the election.

It will now not simply be a referendum of 45 but specifically a referendum on his performance in response to Covid-19.

Covid-19 has laid bare some horrific truths about the American medical system and indeed inequalities in general.

I have no doubt that Joe Biden has the goal of universal health care just as do almost all democrats and the majority of all Americans.

Now is the time. This crisis is the time.

How did the UK get their wonderful jewel the NHS after World War 2 while the US did not?

Because the UK more or less had to. They were devastated by WW2 domestically in a way the US was not.

This is now a wartime like situation in the U.S. We will have one of the most severe recessions ever if not a full blown depression. 

If not now for fast progress for universal health care under Biden, when?

Of course 45 won't do it. He's all about his gaslighting daily reality show.

Would it be ironic for Biden to be the man to effect this historic progress rather than Bernie? Perhaps. But it actually makes a lot of sense practically and politically. Biden is less threatening to mainstream Americans and by shifting on this issue to the left, he unifies both the Bernie base and also the majority of Americans that really want this but thought it was impossible before.

That could be the argument. It's not possible or at the very least not ethical or moral to continue with the status quo now.