This is a screaming buy...what funds/shares are you buying?

21 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

I think it's too early to buy anything because it's all a mess now. 

We are in the "firehose period" where they are throwing money (they don't have) in a desperate effort to save what can be saved. 

Too much panic to implement anything. 

It could be like WWII, when the big decisions were only made in 1945 and later. 

Also not every country will play ball, starting with China and Russia, and many Asian countries. 

I don't think for one second that we will end up with one global currency, crypto or else... there is way too much animosity between major countries for that. 

The markets are entering panic mode and the overall situation is becoming more worrying by the day! 

I had a pot of cash lying around looking for a home for months. No way was i going to put it in a market that was so over bought, i was really hoping for such a buying opportunity. But now that it's here, the depth and speed of the sell off and all  the worries surrounding the economic forecast, i'm reluctant to invest, who's to say i won't need that money very soon...the psychology of the market! ????

I was in and out of HYT, IR, KMI, and ABR yesterday.  I was only down half a percent with about half in stocks and bonds.  Some of the preffereds and bond funds seem to be leading the comeback for me, but could be just another headfake.  Bought some silver, too, and that is another case of people liquidating to raise cash..way oversold.

2 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

We are somewhere around the red arrow. 

Expect a dead bat bounce.. Before the mass unemployment, credit and banking defaults really effect the investment psyche. Once bond defaults starts happening on the risk curve everything less than sovereign will start to look a lot like junk. Large banks will fail.. All that BBB grade paper paying 4% etc will be the next MBS's and movies like the big short will be made about those losses. 

Own gold silver and defendable hard assets (land not real estate) to protect against inflation and be ready to build a position for 2023 with a LONG term time horizon, a quick V shaped recover this wont be. 

dow-jones-industrial-average-chart-during-great-depression-era.jpg

Good chart to post.

Just hope we will be around in 2023 , provided that there is no WW3 by then.

Agree, it may take a long time before the expected financial crisis is over.

People need to carefully assess investment options and objectives,  

don't just think this will be V shaped and run back up again in a short time.

Edited by jojothai
spelling correction

I just ran the numbers on some of my investments for the first time since this business began and actually things don't look that bad, all things considered. But I don't invest in gold, bitcoin and I don't subscribe to all the other nonsense theories that people dream up, some of which are mentioned on these pages. I'm not really an investor per se, I like to leave such things to people who are experts in that field, I do however understand a few things about economics, global finance and risk.

My approach to investing has always been to diversify my investments globally and only ever to buy funds that are managed by Grade A Fund Managers, the very best I can find and the ones with the best and longest track records. I currently hold 13 funds split approx. 70/30 equities and bonds that broadly spread 20% US, 15% UK, 15% Europe, 12% emerging markets, 15% developed Asia, the rest are spread across two bond funds. Last year I was up 18%, this year so far I'm down 12% and I sleep very well at night. Mind you, that is ring fenced money that I never planned on using, my income streams are intact and the real estate is paid for, I'm also OK for cash for quite a few years.

So what does all this cost me? Last time I checked I'm paying about 0.50% in platform fees and a further 1.1% average in recurring annual fund fees. Oh sure the fund manager gets his slice before I get mine but who cares, I still got 18% last year, give unto ceasar what is due and all that. Exactly why others don't do the same thing is beyond me, why worry and fret over things you can't control, don't really have expertise in etc etc. Each to their own however.

EDIT TO ADD: the next fund I buy back into will be Baillie Gifford International, a geographically diverse fund run by two very experienced FM's that have beaten the the IA Global indicies every year, by a fair margin.

Edited by saengd
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Logosone said:

This is the time to trade Forex. The currency markets are alive with the sound of giant waves. Such volatility brings fantastic opportunity.

Before you ride a wave you just have to make sure it's going the right direction.

+1......100%