This is a screaming buy...what funds/shares are you buying?

This market might have further to fall...who knows, but i do know we are entering buy territory and when the market turns it could do so very sharply. This coronavirus will not be around forever, could be over as a pandemic by the summer. The big question of course is the severity and length of the damage to economies involved. 

What funds/shares are you buying?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

Been liquid for quite a while [month or so]... no plans to buy for a while... the recession is yet to come, profit announcements going forward etc... mnaybe at Dow 15k or lower,... for the moment, I am happily on the sidelines... 

Dow at 15K? Wow! that's a long way down from where we are now. Don't think we will have to wait for earnings to report, think the market has already factored a lot of that in. The market hasn't fallen so far, simply on the health scare news and oil...it's clear the economy is going to tank. This time next year coronavirus will be just a bad memory

Edited by BillStrangeOgre
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Never hear of xrp. It looks like it's trading around 14 cents US. What is it, in layman's terms?

It's a cryptocurrency otherwise known as 'Ripple', it has many advantages over Bitcoin and is considered to be more stable with less drawbacks. It's well worth holding a handful, all things considered.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

XRP -  the Globalists scaremongering campaign is working. The IMF(owned by Rothschild family) will bail out the Central Banks(owned by Rothschild family) by using XRP. 

Did the guy/girl/whatever in your avatar bestow those pearls of knowledge only to you?  Thanks for sharing.

53 minutes ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

Wow! that's a long way down from where we are now.

with the market moving at 1000 points a clip and some days more than 2000 points and can flip off 500 points in a couple of hours... 15k might be less than a week away... who knows?

17 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I'm buying British Airways, BP, TUI, Shell and of course Rolls Royce who make airline engines.

These companies will have a great future...

Yes, airlines are an obvious buy, share prices have been trashed, can't see BA going under. Easy Jet is another i'm looking at...no banks, Logosone?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

with the market moving at 1000 points a clip and some days more than 2000 points and can flip off 500 points in a couple of hours... 15k might be less than a week away... who knows?

It's true, has the market factored in more infection numbers though? Potentially it could get as bad as Italy, NHS will not cope. As the numbers rise the harder govt. will have to crack down ie, further travel restrictions, border restrictions, business closures...next few weeks will be crucial. 

On a positive note, the situation looks to be improving in China and Korea although they paid a huge price by shutting down completely. UK and US are a long way from that

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

Yes, airlines are an obvious buy, share prices have been trashed, can't see BA going under. Easy Jet is another i'm looking at...no banks, Logosone?

Definitely, Easy Jet is a screaming buy, also Heathrow Airport holdings, Fraport, Carluccio's restaurant and Cineworld are also screaming buys.

Would definitely buy those companies with a glittering future ahead....

19 minutes ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

Let's see how many airlines apply for chapter 11 before the end of this year.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

UK and US are a long way from that

after seeing how quiet CM had become - and how difficult that can be for any business, I extrapolated out a major recession at best... those days of lost business can never be compensated for... and how many months of this might we expect? Profits will get slammed. 

And even worse, I have a toothache. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Definitely, Easy Jet is a screaming buy, also Heathrow Airport holdings, Fraport, Carluccio's restaurant and Cineworld are also screaming buys.

Would definitely buy those companies with a glittering future ahead....

I wouldn’t touch airlines yet, but if my hand was forced I’d say that Ryan Air, with 4 billion in cash, will be the last man standing. They can tough it out better than most. I’m not convinced about IAG or EasyJet ... great buys if this passes quickly though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kenk24 said:

Been liquid for quite a while [month or so]... no plans to buy for a while... the recession is yet to come, profit announcements going forward etc... mnaybe at Dow 15k or lower,... for the moment, I am happily on the sidelines... 

totally agree. This is only the 1st quarter of the reporting seasons (Australia)  which will undoubtedly show a negative GDP for all or most countries. A recession can’t be called until we have two negative reporting sessions and the 2nd session will not be until end of June. It’s not looking that favourable for the 2nd session. It will all depend on the success of the stimulus package’s put forward to encourage spending and trades.

Hopefully we will be able to see a slow down of Covid-19 by this time.

Stay safe everyone.