Samui immigration very busy

8 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Anyone who was in Koh Samui immigration Office yesterday may want to consider monitoring their health for a couple of weeks. This from another thread re one confirmed covid-19 case on KPN.

'The (confirmed) one on Koh Phangan is a farang whose girlfriend, also a farang, went to Samui immigration yesterday, Friday. '

Thanks, counting days for my next 90-day, it's just two weeks and a few days from now...:whistling:

Is anyone on Samui doing 90-day address reports online?

1 hour ago, No1Farang said:

This is serious.  Samui immigration has got a lot to answer for. Herding many people into confined spaces to do sometimes non sensical reporting (90 days etc).  If Samui ever gets this contagion I bet it will start in that office in Maenam.

Back to the Koh Phangan girlfriend. It's not her fault but very importantly what times was she in that immigration office. Is there any way of finding out?  If we knew that it would put some peoples minds at rest and others might want to self quarantine.

Day trippers from KT or KPG rarely reach the office before lunchtime.

HTH

• Like 1

Immigration should suspend , temporarily , 90 Day reporting .... It is just a formality and not necessary for the majority of those issued an annual extension .

Edited by churchill
punctuation , why do you need you need to know ??/

7 hours ago, churchill said:

Immigration should suspend , temporarily , 90 Day reporting .... It is just a formality and not necessary for the majority of those issued an annual extension .

To be fair, Thailand (and your embassy) does deserve to know where we all live.

If you changed your address, would you automatically tell immigration? I would never remember that one.

As you say, not an issue with the majority. But the others? I know a couple of people who refuse to follow the 'rules'.

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

To be fair, Thailand (and your embassy) does deserve to know where we all live.

If you changed your address, would you automatically tell immigration? I would never remember that one.

As you say, not an issue with the majority. But the others? I know a couple of people who refuse to follow the 'rules'.

I've lived and traveled all over the world and never have I been to a country that treats me like a criminal just for being there the way Thailand does with their 90-day reporting requirement. The worst I've ever seen it outside Thailand is having to give my passport if I check into a hotel. I've never been required to periodically check with the police, not even in China. Totally stupid and absurd.

• Like 1

First: THANK YOU members here writing about the conditions at Samui Immigration. (But I don't get the bank report biz...for 10 years I've only needed that for 1 year O-A extension. NEVER was asked for the 90-day.).

A line past the restaurant....OMyF-ingG. My 90day is due in a month. Hopefully, the Immigration Dept. will shut down before that. 

Edited by RayFaye
improvement

32 minutes ago, RayFaye said:

First: THANK YOU members here writing about the conditions at Samui Immigration. (But I don't get the bank report biz...for 10 years I've only needed that for 1 year O-A extension. NEVER was asked for the 90-day.).

A line past the restaurant....OMyF-ingG. My 90day is due in a month. Hopefully, the Immigration Dept. will shut down before that.

I've had to produce a letter from the bank for at least the past year for my 90-day reporting.

I read just now that Immigration is freaking out and asking people NOT to come to do their 90-day reporting, but to do it either online or by snail-mail.

5 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

I read just now that Immigration is freaking out and asking people NOT to come to do their 90-day reporting, but to do it either online or by snail-mail.

I heard not easy online has anybody tried ? By mail ... What do they need ?

OR Perhaps another section for 90 day as they have done in BKK 

@RichardBarrow
· 7h
For those people planning to go to Chaengwattana on Thursday, you should be aware of a second location for Immigration near IMPACT Muang Thong Thani (scan QR Code). From what I understand, this is for 90 day reporting & extending visa exemption (free visa).

3 hours ago, steve2112 said:

for a 90 day report?

Seem to be odd if you are asked to show proof for deposit after the new depot-rules. I wasn't asked when doing my first 90-day address report after the new rules in January, but I did bring my bank book, just in case. I'm on extended stay based on retirement and 800k baht bank deposit.

Went to do my 90 day stamp at IO yesterday, they said that because with my NonB I do a border run every 90 days, all I can get is a 30 day extension. This is boldly ridiculous, lived here over 14 years, always legal and payed my taxes, now they treat me like a tourist. Also have had to get a letter from embassy stating why I can't travel.   

So, now have to go to IO every 90 days until the borders open, subject myself to the virus and pay 1900 for the privilege. Thank you Thailand.

On 3/27/2020 at 3:18 PM, NickNick said:
Yes, and people in front of me at the desk were asked for theirs too. 

Just wonder how this – proof of fund deposit when on extended stay due to retirement – works when one is doing 90-day address report online or by letter...????

15 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Just wonder how this – proof of fund deposit when on extended stay due to retirement – works when one is doing 90-day address report online or by letter...????

online you are not asked .