Coronavirus: British Pound plunges to its lowest level in over 30 years

webfact

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Pound is not the only currency , AUD dropped about 10%., I believe USD also dropped The only one that remains strong is THB????

USD has not dropped, USD has just broken 101% on the US DI, which is part of the reason why THB is so strong.

I'm continuing to transfer money from $ to thb in small amounts as the baht weakens ; just good business. 

I don't expect this to continue with the strong dollar but I'll make hay while the sun shines. 

Remember that every silver cloud has a dark lining. ????

9 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

I wonder if NHS is more vulnerable now with coronavirus in the UK after Brexit as it cannot currently partner with EU health systems? 

No, there will be no difference at all 

The NHS was never "partnered" with European NHS's whilst we were in the EU , so, no difference at all 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Could you write your own words, I am done with opening and reading links .

Read the link yourself and then re write in in your own words. 

I cant be bothered keep opening and reading links when people cannot be bothered to type what they think .

Dont read it then.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, englishoak said:

The ride has only just begun... no one has a clue other than the UK came out a week ago and already said they would do whatever was needed financially.. no limits... Markets hate uncertainty and was going to have a huge impact pretty much immediately on the £ and has. At least its telling the truth for a change, as things worsen elsewhere markets will react accordingly there too. The USD is currently the flight of choice...as its the world reserve currency, dont think this is anywhere near over, not for the pound or the Euro or many others... nearly all currencies are dropping, gold will probably after the selling off rounds to pay margin calls rise, likely other metals and crypos too.  Unless the central banks finally role out their own crypos all have been working on and then ban bitcoin etc.

We shall be on this rollercoaster for most of this year and probably well into next before any long term market stability and that cant happen until this pandemic has a clear end point or fairly accurate damage cost, that is months away atm. 

Property prices globally are likely to crash next.. dow im expecting to go below 10,000 poss as low as 5... and a lot of made up digital bailouts too will go into the chipper ... this is unprecedented, what usually happens in such an unstable environment is a big old war. 

Unfortunately for the band wishers It has zero to do with Brexit. 

One month ago 1 pound got you 1 euro 20.

Its now trading at parity. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I thought everything was still in place during the negotiating period?

You did not hear the latest warnings from E.U. country's  leaders , as they lockdown shops bars etc.... and U.K. not …..(so making their efforts useless !)  access and other  measures would be taken to avoid U.K. contagion by  access from E.U.

Remember you are now independent "proud"3th country ...????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rookiescot said:

Ah this will explain why brexiteers never post links to anything to back up their baseless assertions. 

That and the fact that only very very few were ever written in the first place.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I agree with this, but you need to come to the discussion with some facts.

OK, as the NHS was not partnered with European NHS's whilst the UK was part of the EU, now that the UK has left the EU , it will have no effect on the NHS .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1