Fuel Freedom International

Spaniel

Is anyone familiar with the fuel additive being pushed by Fuel Freedom International? Briefly, it is a tablet that you add to your tank of gas and it is supposed to increase your gas milage. A Thai friend is looking into importing the product and distributing here in Thailand. Here is their address if anyone wants to take a look and comment: myffi.biz and they call themselves Fuel Freedom International. Thanks for any replies/comments.

At least this is a different angle. There are ionizers, magnetic enhancers, water injectors and even turbochargers and the amazing thing is that they all sell for $39.95. How they can legally call a little piece of junk a turbocharger amazes me. I'd guess the other scams are harmless but putting something in the fuel itself could be a problem.

Thanks for the replies and I tend to agree with everyone but has anyone actually gone to the website to check it out?

Absolutely, and as I noted I strongly suspect that the exhaust from my avatar is indicated :o

Great idea. Thai's are the perfect target market.....largely uneducated and believe in ghosts and other bullsh_t. Should be a perfect market for this product.

Yessssss, but not forget to get it blessed by the monks before launch. You can easy find them, the monks, on every phone or computer shop in Mall's ...

:D

:o

At the motor exhibition as well as in all car asses. shops I see TONS of those fuel (as well as oil) additives supposed to increase power/reduce fuel consumption/increase engine life Etc. At the Moto-show it was literately every 3rd shop or so!

Most were in liquid form and did not stipulate WHAT they contained(holy water?). Talking with staff they always said something about it being import but packaged in Thailand - and the bad English certainly indicated that a non native English speaker typed it up!

The staff liked to focus on the "engine life warranty"(with a ton of disclaimers) as the proof of which was best. Same brand could have 3-4 diff ones with engine miles guarantees of 180.000 up to 300.000. And also a couple of versions for diesel as well as oil additives.

I have heard that they simply contain an acetone mix - you can try to google acetone and improved fuel economy for more on that as some people swear by it - here is 1 link: http://www.pureenergysystems.com/news/2005...900069_Acetone/

Cheers!

The response from the AA (no, the other AA) regarding this product :-

Dear Mr Cross,

Thank you for your email.

Your email has been logged against the above Service Request Number.

We’ve not tested this product but are extremely sceptical of any product claiming a significant improvement in fuel consumption or reduction in exhaust emissions – if such magic bullets existed then they’d be snapped-up by oil companies or car makers as both industries are under significant and increasing pressure from legislators to improve average fleet fuel consumption / reduce CO2 emissions.

Objective/scientific testing (for both performance and potential harm) is costly and time consuming, and is rarely undertaken by the suppliers of such products who will often instead rely on customer testimonial – it’s the case generally that if you’re sufficiently motivated to buy and fit a fuel economy product you’ll likely drive more gently when you fit it. The gentle driving will bring benefits.

The following article (not associated with the AA in any way) may be of interest

http://www.fuelsaving.info/index.htm

Chris Patience

Motoring Content Manager

The AA.com

If you wish to respond to this email, please ensure that you use the 'Reply' button on the toolbar. This will link your response to the original email.

Automobile Association Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registered Office: Fanum House, Basing View, Basingstoke

Hampshire. RG21 4EA. Registered in England and Wales number: 2414212.

This site actually mentions MPG-CAP http://www.fuelsaving.info/ffi.htm

Edited by Crossy

this is a old motorhead trick...you can use 'mothballs' to increase the octane content in your fuel....

I'm sure that mothballs work every bit as well as the miracle tablets. They DON'T. :o

My darling soon to be x wife insisted on getting involved with this scam here in So Cal.

Many of her Thai friends said it was great, including one "brilliant" engineer from BKK.

Sounded great endorsed by former NASA scientists blah blah blah.

Turned out to be total BS. Even tried it for two months in my truck just to keep her happy. Surprise, no difference accept I do have a valve tap on a Nissan with 76,000 on it. Related or not? I'm not sure.

I believe they have been shut down or just put out of business here in the US. It was all over the TV last year. Lots of testing. Results total BS.

I just laughed to my self when her Thai friends could call each week reporting the 18 to 20% gains in mileage.

Of course when I asked them how they calculated the gains no one could tell me.

They mostly said "just seem betta." :o God help me.

The product and business were even endorsed by Donald Trump LOL.

Great entertainment. I think she just about got all her $400 to $500 back invested for training and products by signing up a bunch of other kwai. :D