UK can turn the tide against virus in next 12 weeks - PM Johnson

webfact

People here have no information but what they read on the net, of which much is false and assumptions.  A virus dosnt care where you come from or your politics and its not going to just go away and not come back. It is very likely this is now endemic and impossible to just wait out. 

This isnt a race, its a marathon. Arguing over petty details about handling is imo pointless and we dont have any data or reliable classified info to do so. To expect a democracy to simply shut everything down for 6 mths or any other system for that matter is delusional, it has to be managed and that will depend on the countries economy and other factors and govs to decide.This isnt going away in a few weeks. There are also different strains of the virus and its mutating....any vaccine is at least 14 mths away, the theory of herd immunity suppressing it is traditionally sound and estimates for cov19 seems to be about 65% population contracting it, that would be preferable to do before next winter and possible more deadly mutations.

Yes a lot of people would die with rapid population infection but it would also allow time for heard immunity to grow... take the pain now for later benefit as it were. There is also no guarantee this is just a one off, we dont know that its just an accident or a bioweapon released intentionally, it could even be just a precursor to something worse. We simply do not have that information nor will have but it is likely the authorities are far better informed than TV members, I will go with what the gov says to do whilst looking after my own as best I can.... 

A year from now we will all have a better idea which "experts" strategies worked better than others.What will work for one country wont necessarily be best or even possible for another.  Nor will measures work the same for all countries, Korea and China for instance arnt tourist economies or destinations. Italy, France, Thailand and the UK for example are and methods employed by the likes of China would be impossible nor tolerated in Europe or listened to in Thailand. China is now going back to work becuase its decided the economy must produce or risk collapse and unrest but... by opening migration throughout the country once again it risks infecting millions of others as 30% of all cases dont even become symptomatic. I hope not but its very likely. 

Its going to be a very hard year for humanity, try to help each other instead of scrapping for the sake of it in threads.

Edited by englishoak

A post using Twitter content has been removed as well as the replies:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook  etc.) should always be shown.

Posts using unattributed content and the replies have been removed.  Please provide a valid link to the source of information when posting. 

Off topic deflection posts and the replies have been removed. 

2 hours ago, englishoak said:

People here have no information but what they read on the net, of which much is false and assumptions.  A virus dosnt care where you come from or your politics and its not going to just go away and not come back. It is very likely this is now endemic and impossible to just wait out. 

This isnt a race, its a marathon. Arguing over petty details about handling is imo pointless and we dont have any data or reliable classified info to do so. To expect a democracy to simply shut everything down for 6 mths or any other system for that matter is delusional, it has to be managed and that will depend on the countries economy and other factors and govs to decide.This isnt going away in a few weeks. There are also different strains of the virus and its mutating....any vaccine is at least 14 mths away, the theory of herd immunity suppressing it is traditionally sound and estimates for cov19 seems to be about 65% population contracting it, that would be preferable to do before next winter and possible more deadly mutations.

Yes a lot of people would die with rapid population infection but it would also allow time for heard immunity to grow... take the pain now for later benefit as it were. There is also no guarantee this is just a one off, we dont know that its just an accident or a bioweapon released intentionally, it could even be just a precursor to something worse. We simply do not have that information nor will have but it is likely the authorities are far better informed than TV members, I will go with what the gov says to do whilst looking after my own as best I can.... 

A year from now we will all have a better idea which "experts" strategies worked better than others.What will work for one country wont necessarily be best or even possible for another.  Nor will measures work the same for all countries, Korea and China for instance arnt tourist economies or destinations. Italy, France, Thailand and the UK for example are and methods employed by the likes of China would be impossible nor tolerated in Europe or listened to in Thailand. China is now going back to work becuase its decided the economy must produce or risk collapse and unrest but... by opening migration throughout the country once again it risks infecting millions of others as 30% of all cases dont even become symptomatic. I hope not but its very likely. 

Its going to be a very hard year for humanity, try to help each other instead of scrapping for the sake of it in threads.

A well written post. I just want to add one thing. The financial implications to this pandemic will last far longer than the virus itself. 

• Like 1