British Airways Cancelling Flights

TaaSaparot

Anyone else had their flight back to the UK cancelled with BA?

I was not due to fly back to the UK until the 24th of April.

Strangely, it says I can re-book online, but when I try to do that, it will only allow me to cancel and request a refund.

Does that mean there is no flights?

Reuters saying that BA have started to park up planes.

https://www.reuters.com/article/health-coroanvirus-british-airways/british-airways-starts-to-park-up-its-fleet-idUSL8N2BC8XR

• Like 1

Unfortunately nobody can predict the future, but I can't imagine any planes leaving Thailand end of April.

I would book a flight now if you want to return to the UK before the summer.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, balo said:

Unfortunately nobody can predict the future, but I can't imagine any planes leaving Thailand end of April.

I would book a flight now if you want to return to the UK before the summer.  

I would go today if BA offered, but is there any flights?

As far as I am hearing they have a duty to return me to the UK, so they will have to sort this out.

Loads of people online now complaining about BA as they offer a change of flight, or a full refund, but when you click on it, all it gives is a voucher.

31 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

I would go today if BA offered, but is there any flights?

As far as I am hearing they have a duty to return me to the UK, so they will have to sort this out.

Loads of people online now complaining about BA as they offer a change of flight, or a full refund, but when you click on it, all it gives is a voucher.

Where did you get this idea from?

They have a duty to reimburse you.

Airlines all over the world are cancelling flights, that's just the way it is.

Your best bet would be to contact them and ask about any available flights.

• Like 1

ba have no direct flights to lhr from bkk from the 30th march inc. until at least the end of April, they are rerouting bookings via Malaysia ( Malaysia air) or Hong kong ( Cathay pacific). i can not see any info regarding this on the web.

as an aside Eva air are reducing to 3 flights a week from daily throughout April bkk/lhr

Thai air are reducing to 1 flight a day on a B777, bkk/lhr

Edited by steve187
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

ba have no direct flights to lhr from bkk from the 30th march inc. until at least the end of April, they are rerouting bookings via Malaysia ( Malaysia air) or Hong kong ( Cathay pacific). i can not see any info regarding this on the web.

as an aside Eva air are reducing to 3 flights a week from daily throughout April bkk/lhr

Thai air are reducing to 1 flight a day on a B777, bkk/lhr

Wow, that worked out better than I was expecting.

Pretty much was offered what you said, as a change of flight, apart from they are saying the 27th of March is the last direct flights out of Bangkok.

Really do not see the point in waiting until April, and whatever the routing would have been, so took the offer of the 27th of March flight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Where did you get this idea from?

They have a duty to reimburse you.

Airlines all over the world are cancelling flights, that's just the way it is.

Your best bet would be to contact them and ask about any available flights.

Quite a few Brits stranded in Peru and the govt has left them to their own devices .

They have enough stuff going on over there to care about expats, + 330 billion reasons to tell us to F Off

• Thanks 1

Useful and timely post thanks

I will be applying for the voucher as it seems a fair deal and suits me.

Can use up to a year from original departure, can go anywhere.

Suppose it will depend if BA is still in operation.

There is no refund option now it seems.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2020 at 2:10 AM, Canuck1966 said:

Quite a few Brits stranded in Peru and the govt has left them to their own devices .

They have enough stuff going on over there to care about expats, + 330 billion reasons to tell us to F Off

Peru situation now sorted it seems.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51991440?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world&link_location=live-reporting-story

• 1 month later...

On 3/20/2020 at 8:56 AM, Saltire said:

Useful and timely post thanks

I will be applying for the voucher as it seems a fair deal and suits me.

Can use up to a year from original departure, can go anywhere.

Suppose it will depend if BA is still in operation.

There is no refund option now it seems.

Thanks for the helping me out and sharing information.

I will be too using voucher for a fair deals. 

Don't panic they will be refunding the money. They really refunds the money in the business working time on cancellation of flight. You just need to proceed with the British Airways Return Policy procedure for easy return/refund.    

My BA flight on May 14 has been cancelled as well. There are no BA flights to London until Tuesday 2nd June. Online you can request a voucher or change flight to a later date foc, of course no guarantee they will be flying in June. If you want a refund you have to call them.

• 2 weeks later...

BA flight cancelation Vouchers. Has anyone actually received a voucher yet? For flights to UK and back originally booked for April?

I had flights from BKK to LHR booked and paid  for 6th April 2020.. and return 27th April. Obviously BA cancelled both flights. I applied for vouchers, which  website said I would get within 7 days. Its now 6 weeks and apart from one email confirming receiving my voucher request  6 weeks ago,nothing else received.

Interested to know if anyone under similar circumstances has applied for, and either received (or not) their vouchers ....thanks.

I originally paid by Paypal, and thought it would be covered by the PP warranty.... It wasn't!

On 4/25/2020 at 5:15 PM, jimn said:

My BA flight on May 14 has been cancelled as well. There are no BA flights to London until Tuesday 2nd June. Online you can request a voucher or change flight to a later date foc, of course no guarantee they will be flying in June. If you want a refund you have to call them.

According to the BA employee website the flights are cancelled till at least 1 July.

20 hours ago, merijn said:

According to the BA employee website the flights are cancelled till at least 1 July.

Yes I agree. When I originally posted that on 25th April the June flights were not cancelled, now they are.

9 hours ago, jimn said:

Yes I agree. When I originally posted that on 25th April the June flights were not cancelled, now they are.

According to my source at BA they will stop flying to Bangkok and most other Asian cities indefinitely and will only restart flying when there is enough demand.

The first Asian cities will be Singapore and Hong Kong.

38 minutes ago, merijn said:

According to my source at BA they will stop flying to Bangkok and most other Asian cities indefinitely and will only restart flying when there is enough demand.

The first Asian cities will be Singapore and Hong Kong.

I suspect that it's easier to say "indefinitely" than to keep changing the date. All it means is "for an unlimited or unspecified period of time"  not "forever" as some people like to think.

UK is talking about imposing quarantine on people coming to the UK by air which will obviously have a dramatic effect on BA.