"Covid check" at SCB, Bangkok Bank

After stunning posts about SCB requesting to see passports, travel history etc. before letting foreigners in. Here is a photo of the pamphlet that they display at the door.

(click image to see full size)

scb_covid.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

It seems they are asking for travel history - Do you really need to show your passport?

Aren’t the announcements asking ALL to follow guidelines?

I’m assuming the same announcements exist in Thai. 

I don’t blame the banks and any business for doing this. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

A sensible approach would be to ’shut the banks’ for all but essential business and have ALL customers list their recent travel history and that of their family.

I haven't pictured the Thai version of the pamphlet.

But tell me when Thais have been stopped to show travel history.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:
9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

A sensible approach would be to ’shut the banks’ for all but essential business and have ALL customers list their recent travel history and that of their family.

I haven't pictured the Thai version of the pamphlet.

But tell me when Thais have been stopped to show travel history.

[I'd already edited my reply by the time you replied]

I don’t know, but that would make sense - I wonder if this is just a foreigner only thing, and if so it clearly stems from the recent xenophobia shown by a recent completely and total a55hat. 

I imagine the banks are letting the Thai’s in and out freely and quite comfortable in their ignorance with this while at the same time expressing a little outrage at the audacity of any foreigner who goes out in public !

More realistically thought - just carry your passport around at this time - people are scared that’s all. 

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

[I'd already edited my reply by the time you replied]

I don’t know, but that would make sense - I wonder if this is just a foreigner only thing, and if so it clearly stems from the recent xenophobia shown by a recent completely and total a55hat. 

I imagine the banks are letting the Thai’s in and out freely and quite comfortable in their ignorance with this while at the same time expressing a little outrage at the audacity of any foreigner who goes out in public !

More realistically thought - just carry your passport around at this time - people are scared that’s all. 

Unwarranted comment since u have not even tried to enter the bank. Yesterday I went to SCB, TMB, Bank and LH Bank. SCB took my temperature at the door as they were doing for EVERYONE and that was all but staff had gloves and masks. The other banks used gloves and masks and asked customers to use masks. 

• Like 1

I went to Bank of Ayudhya and was met with the usual smile BUT I have been on the island longer than the bank has and I have been a customer since the first month that they opened. They did sell me covid insurance though. (My staff insisted on it.)

They have a similar sign on the door and are not changing foreign currencies. The Money exchange on the other side of the road is still changing money.

We just have to accept that nothing is normal any more.

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I went to Bank of Ayudhya and was met with the usual smile BUT I have been on the island longer than the bank has and I have been a customer since the first month that they opened. They did sell me covid insurance though. (My staff insisted on it.)

They have a similar sign on the door and are not changing foreign currencies. The Money exchange on the other side of the road is still changing money.

We just have to accept that nothing is normal any more.

To be fair, they obviously think of you as another tourist, especially on that island. Even if you get Thai citizenship, you'll encounter the same issues.