When Do You Think It Will Be Safe To Travel Within Thailand Again?

NCC1701A

I was just wondering when it will be safe to travel within Thailand again? 

Like not getting locked down in Bangkok or other areas while visiting or other travel restrictions that might be really horrible. 

If I went to Pattaya is it possible I might be forced to remain there?

Or how about Buriram or Surin?

I have traveled extensively all over Thailand but it does not feel safe now. 

I am not talking about getting the virus. 

How many killed in traffic last month, vs how many killed by the virus last month?

Nominally, it's as safe to travel within the country as ever.  Or as dangerous, depending on whether you're a glass half full or a glass half empty sort of person.

In fact, I'd bet that it's safer, given there won't be as many traffic accidents on relatively empty roads.

Edited by impulse
  • Confused 1

Good question. I don't think Thais are suddenly going to be turning into farang lynch mobs. If anything, they will welcome the few reliable sources of income.

I'm staying put in Chiang Rai, life is pretty normal here, no sign of any lockdown apart from the Night Bazaar. Until the s##t hits the fan, anyway.

Reading upthread I think what all of you are missing is that to travel you'll be in some closed compartment with recirculating AC. We halted our songkran trip for this reason despite where we were headed very safe.

Just guess 6 to 8 months. I don't think the Thais will deal with this effectively and it will linger a very long time.

21 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Reading upthread I think what all of you are missing is that to travel you'll be in some closed compartment with recirculating AC. We halted our songkran trip for this reason despite where we were headed very safe.

Just guess 6 to 8 months. I don't think the Thais will deal with this effectively and it will linger a very long time.

Sir, I travel on foot. 

• Haha 1