Electric scooters on the sidewalk

userabcd

Anyone know the rules or laws pertaining to people riding these electric scooters on the sidewalks.

Last night was out walking and someone riding one of these at quite a speed and collided into me.

The guy riding the scooter managed to stop about 15m further from me and was shouting as if it was my fault and then quickly made off.

Is riding these things on the sidewalks even legal as I have not seen them about for a few months now

• Haha 1

If motorbike taxi's can ride on pavements and if everyone can ride the wrong way down the street I'm sure it must be perfectly acceptable for electric scooters to ride on the sidewalks, after all, where else would they be expected to ride in Thailand. In the UK people ride them extensively on sidewalks, I guess the same is true of other countries.

I guess its one of those grey areas. 

Nothing much is or will be done until someone gets hurt. Someone important or until it gets a lot of attention on Social media.

In the mean time... watch out !! - electric cables, holes in the pavement, uneven slabs, food carts with boiling oil, dogs, motorcycles and now electric scooters !!! But no one likes the nanny-state, right?