Work Permit - Degree - Thai Rules

So my new employers – a BOI company in Bangkok – is saying I need a degree to get a work permit. However, I know that’s not necessary (have read plenty about it on ThaiVisa).

So, does anyone know of any Thai-language rules or regulations about the work permit process in which it is explained that a degree is not required for a work permit?

The aim is to send this to the HR dept as some proof.

Would really appreciate some help.

Cheers. Be safe!

C

Job is not teaching.

I am after any definitive Thai rules/regulations that show a "degree" is not required. I am thinking the requirement is for an education certificate such as diploma (which I have) is OK, but I can't find any rules.

I highly doubt that any regulation would list what is not required. It could be an infinite list.  Show them a list of what is required. Do you want to be more specific about your occupation and the qualifications you have ?

Since it's a BOI company they might be looking for someone to hire as a foreign expert and it requires proof of experience and/or education. I don't know what the law says about that but you won't get approved for a foreign expert position if you can't provide proof of your qualification.

Edited by yokat

This is the OP. I now have the BOI rules for a Work Permit. For the record, there is no specific requirement for a degree.

This is the source: http://www.boi.go.th/upload/06-ใบตรวจเอกสาร มาตรา 25 EN_42555.pdf

The rule is known as "section 25" and these are the requirements for individuals: Passport, Education Certificate / training Certificate, Employment record, Other Related documents, Proof of relationship Photo.

5 hours ago, cms22 said:

This is the OP. I now have the BOI rules for a Work Permit. For the record, there is no specific requirement for a degree.

This is the source: http://www.boi.go.th/upload/06-ใบตรวจเอกสาร มาตรา 25 EN_42555.pdf

The rule is known as "section 25" and these are the requirements for individuals: Passport, Education Certificate / training Certificate, Employment record, Other Related documents, Proof of relationship Photo.

While that might not list a requirement for a degree, it does not mean that it isn't a requirement for the company in order to get the work permit.

I know of an instance whereby a person with no degree was offered a job (similar to yourself, non teaching), the hiring manager said that no degree was not a problem. However when the person was due to the begin the role, the company said they could not hire them due to the degree issue, with HR saying that in order for them to deal with the work permit a degree would be required. 

I think it really depends on the company. 

Edited by hughglo9