Wuhan reports no new cases for first time since outbreak began: WHO

SkyFax

GENEVA: The World Health Organization said Friday (Mar 20) that the Chinese epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak at last reporting no new cases gave hope to the rest of the world battling the pandemic.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/coronavirus-covid19-wuhan-reports-no-new-cases-who-12562266

(PHOTO) Medical workers and security personnel wearing face masks attend a ceremony marking the closure of the last makeshift hospital in Wuhan, the epicentre of the novel coronavirus o utbreak, following the discharge of its last batch of coronavirus patients

medical-workers-ceremony.jpg

• Like 1

https://www.theepochtimes.com/china-lifts-travel-restrictions-in-hubei-province-while-residents-continue-to-question-official-figures_3284310.html

Chinese officials recently reported no new domestic infections in Wuhan City from March 19 to March 23. However, the Hubei provincial health commission confirmed on March 23 that relapsed patients and asymptomatic patients are not included in this count, drawing questions as to the reliability of this data.

Etc, etc, etc...

Edited by DrTuner

19 hours ago, rken2 said:

They are lying

And what makes you think so?

Just because they are Chinese they are not able to tell the truth? 

Last week, the Guardian had a very good article questioning the new Chinese numbers. With links to several sources that claimed the Chinese government is lying - Kyodo News, Weibo, SCMP. I am sure you have read them all like I did. 

I came to the conclusion,  yes, they are lying, but it doesn't matter much. 

The lies are too insignificant to have epidemiological consequences. 

They really seem to have the virus under good control.

Now China closed its borders,  no foreigners can enter anymore. Sounds like they believe their narrative. 

Yesterday,  Taiwan reported the release of about 370 evacuees from Wuhan (Taipei Times and others reported, I am sure you have read it). They all completed 14 days of quarantine. None had the virus.