UK Covid-19 Travel Advice

Maestro

Copied from https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand on 22.03.220 at 09:36 hours:

Advice for British nationals in Thailand temporarily

If you wish to leave Thailand you should make a plan to leave now and contact your airline or tour operator. We are aware that many airlines are suspending or reducing flights, both direct and indirect, to the United Kingdom. All British Airways flights are suspended from 29th March. We anticipate that you will find it increasingly difficult to return to the UK. This disruption is likely to last for many months.

Hopefully this as near as damn it the right place to post this.

I really despair at how ignorant some people are about what's happening as far as travel is concerned.

I had an in depth conversation with a guy at about lunchtime today who is going home next month, he thinks he will be okay to just book a flight back early next year and all will be okay, no idea about health certificates and insurance for COVID-19, another friend is going home in the next few days and has booked (and paid for) a flight back end of April, again no clue about what is required to re enter the country, both Muppets are from South East of UK and senior (but very stupid) citizens.

I sometimes wonder how people managed to get that far in age ???? 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Hopefully this as near as damn it the right place to post this.

I really despair at how ignorant some people are about what's happening as far as travel is concerned.

I had an in depth conversation with a guy at about lunchtime today who is going home next month, he thinks he will be okay to just book a flight back early next year and all will be okay, no idea about health certificates and insurance for COVID-19, another friend is going home in the next few days and has booked (and paid for) a flight back end of April, again no clue about what is required to re enter the country, both Muppets are from South East of UK and senior (but very stupid) citizens.

I sometimes wonder how people managed to get that far in age ???? 

Would you be able to tell us exactly what will be required at end of April or early next year or are you calling people "muppets" just because they disagree with you?

1 hour ago, puchooay said:

Would you be able to tell us exactly what will be required at end of April or early next year or are you calling people "muppets" just because they disagree with you?

You think this is gonna be over by March or April next year and the insurance requirements will be lifted ? You live in cloud Cuckoo land mate.