Getting married. Agent vs DIY and Non 0 ME query

Like many others, I'm on a Non 0 ME and concerned about border hops. We were planning to get married this year but want to bring it forward and go for a married extension.

1: Can I convert a Non 0 ME to a marriage extension?

2: Can I extend a Non 0 ME at immigration for 30 days?

3: Getting married in Thailand looks quite complex. I gather I need paperwork from the British Embassy but in the present crisis, I guess this may be difficult and time consuming. I've seen posts on here advising an agent to sort out the marriage paperwork. Can anyone provide info how this works and the cost involved? 

1. You do not convert anything.

You apply for a 12 month extension based on having a Thai Wife.

400,000 Baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40,000 monthly income.

2. No but you can extend by 60 days if you have a Thai Wife.

3. Getting married in Thailand is easy. Affirmation to Marry document from Embassy is needed.

You can get an agent to sort out the Embassy document and get it translated and verified by MFA. Then get you registered at the amphur.

Used to be around 10,000 Baht for their services.

Edited by fishtank

What is you non-o based upon?

Info for getting a affirmation of marital status at the UK embassy is here. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand#affirmation-of-marital-status  The problem will be getting an appointment to get it.

If you can get a letter from the UK embassy you may be able to get a 30 day extension at immigration.

7 hours ago, fishtank said:

1. You do not convert anything.

You apply for a 12 month extension based on having a Thai Wife.

400,000 Baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40,000 monthly income.

2. No but you can extend by 60 days if you have a Thai Wife.

3. Getting married in Thailand is easy. Affirmation to Marry document from Embassy is needed.

You can get an agent to sort out the Embassy document and get it translated and verified by MFA. Then get you registered at the amphur.

Used to be around 10,000 Baht for their services.

Thanks

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What is you non-o based upon?

Info for getting a affirmation of marital status at the UK embassy is here. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand#affirmation-of-marital-status  The problem will be getting an appointment to get it.

If you can get a letter from the UK embassy you may be able to get a 30 day extension at immigration.

Thanks. Non 0 based on being in receipt of a UK state pension.