Some people still managing border runs even though I thought they were dead in the water days ago

I'm jealous..
My visa is running out fast, and last time I asked for advice in this forum a few days ago was told Visa runs are pretty much done with, over.
Since then I see a few people have managed it.
Dammit can anyone help and suggest a border ANYWHERE what will let me do a damn run?

Nobody seems to know anything apart from conflicting information.

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So I'm thinking this is your 4th or 5th thread re your issue. Come on.

Today Thai authorities announced extension available to folk even with extension already. You will need show cancelled flights etc.

Some say to you need to snow cancelled flights, and some don't.
I'm from UK and the flight are still running.

Of course this is my fourth or so thread, I've still not got any answers, and this is a problem affecting pretty much all tourists here in Thailand.
If it doesn't effect you you are welcome not to open the thread.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, treetops said:

Why not use the new powers to get an extension without doing a border run?  They're detailed here on the forum.

Thinking you will need to demonstrate that you are not able to leave. eg email from airline confirming cancelled flight.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I don't see confusion. Your visa is ending.

You have option to return UK. Granted not simple or palatable. 

GO.

Stop with side step.

I'd rather listen anyone else but you jack.
You can't help but insult.
Don't bother replying to be 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So I'm thinking this is your 4th or 5th thread re your issue. Come on.

Today Thai authorities announced extension available to folk even with extension already. You will need show cancelled flights etc.

Bye the way, Why would the UK be on that list if no flights are even cancelled?
Makes no sense.

5 minutes ago, theVenerable said:
13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I don't see confusion. Your visa is ending.

You have option to return UK. Granted not simple or palatable. 

GO.

Stop with side step.

I'd rather listen anyone else but you jack.
You can't help but insult.
Don't bother replying to be 

Thai Immigration doesn't want you to stay in Thailand longer if there are flights available to your home country.

It's not personal. They don't want any foreigners to stay here longer if there are flights available to their home countries.

Visa runs are over but maybe the few people you see managing it have totally different circumstances to you, different type of visa or extension or nationality.

Yes, there are too many confusing variables in Thailand but there is one constant here and that is you can go home.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theVenerable said:

Bye the way, Why would the UK be on that list if no flights are even cancelled?
Makes no sense.

UK flights aren't being canceled but they are placing heavy restrictions on who can FLY IN on them.

AFAIK, there are no restrictions on you being able to FLY OUT on them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Thai Immigration doesn't want you to stay in Thailand longer if there are flights available to your home country.

It's not personal. They don't want any foreigners to stay here longer if there are flights available to their home countries.

Visa runs are over but maybe the few people you see managing it have totally different circumstances to you, different type of visa or extension or nationality.

Yes, there are too many confusing variables in Thailand but there is one constant here and that is you can go home.

If that's my only option so be it.
I'm just looking for clarity.
People like you try to give it, People like jack can't help throw insults as they give 'advice'.

You are probably right, but UK is on that visa extension list for some reason.. yet most flights are still running.
So I'm still unsure completely.

Edited by theVenerable

1 minute ago, theVenerable said:

. . . . UK is on that list for some reason . . . .

UK is on the list as it is a country where "Coronavirus 2019 (Covid-19) is now getting more serious".  It's part of the preamble to the workaround being offered by Thai Immigration, which is detailed in the remainder of the document.

20 minutes ago, treetops said:

UK is on the list as it is a country where "Coronavirus 2019 (Covid-19) is now getting more serious".  It's part of the preamble to the workaround being offered by Thai Immigration, which is detailed in the remainder of the document.

Which means I don't need to show any proof of cancelled flights?

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Come on, the general advice from health experts, governments, etc is don't travel unless absolutely necessary, especially not air travel. Stay put. That there are still flights available doesn't mean it's advisable to take them. So the venerable is right. He can afford to stay put, so why shouldn't he. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

UK flights aren't being canceled but they are placing heavy restrictions on who can FLY IN on them.

AFAIK, there are no restrictions on you being able to FLY OUT on them.

UK flights are being canceled,in the last few days 2 friends had their flights from Bangkok cancelled, no communication and no new flight yet.

Anyway Op just try Immigration, let us know what they say

Edited by scubascuba3

12 hours ago, thecyclist said:
13 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Come on, the general advice from health experts, governments, etc is don't travel unless absolutely necessary, especially not air travel. Stay put. That there are still flights available doesn't mean it's advisable to take them. So the venerable is right. He can afford to stay put, so why shouldn't he. 

Keep in mind that this government hasn't even advised that their own people should shelter in place. It is easy for certain governments to say 'stay put' when the host nation decides otherwise is better.

As for the rights of a foreigner in Thailand... if he can afford to stay, I am pretty sure he will be able to buy some sort of extension.

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

UK flights are being canceled,in the last few days 2 friends had their flights from Bangkok cancelled, no communication and no new flight yet.

Yes, I was incorrect in suggesting there were no cancellations since airlines are selectively canceling or suspending services.

Maybe your friends airline is waiting for a sufficient passenger load for the return sector?

In this regard, the OP should try and get a booking anyway instead of seeking ways to get an extension WITHOUT a current booking which is impossible. If he's lucky, his flight will get canceled and he can get an extension.

Just returned from a huge queue at Immigration Office in Jomtien.

When I eventually got to talk to someone at a desk, they told me they are offering SEVEN DAY EXTENSIONS ONLY - at cost of 1900 Baht.

I did not even qualify for that, due to not having any cancelled flights, and being able to travel to UK.

I tried to argue my case of having nowhere to stay when I arrive in UK, but no avail.

Waited and talked briefly to another guy at a desk.. just a flat out 'No' was the answer.

So if you are from UK and your have no proof of a cancelled flight, I'd say you will not get an extension.
If you do have a cancelled flight, you might get a 7 day extension for 1900Baht.

That's my story.. 
I hope others' experiences at least don't conflict with mine then we at least know the situation.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Have you not seen the news from Emirates? They are stopping ALL flights on 25 March. I can see the others following very soon.