how to make sure my thai wife gets money in my bank?

Just now, Mavideol said:

I think by giving her access to on line banking she could transfer the money out to a bank/place of her choice... but I could be wrong

that would work for savings but not for fixed account. plus, i don't necessarily want to give her access right now, just if the khrap hits the fan

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, steve2112 said:

have you tried calling bangkok bank? anyhow, just asking, if you have nothing useful to add, don't bother replying. oh i forgot, this is TV, that's the whole point of the thing

Yes, I have tried calling BKK bank, never had an issue, always helpful.

Clearly though, you do.

*Laugh emoji*

You can add her signature to your account,its not a joint

account,but she can withdraw money with the book,keep

the book safe,depends on how much you trust her.

I don't know if this account has a name,just explain to

Bangkok Bank what you want to do.

I have accounts this way at Bangkok Bank and SCB, 1 account

which I use for doing extension,the account in my name only,

you would need UV light to see signatures,which immigration

dont check.

regards Worgeordie

32 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

right a will or give her financial power of attorney... 

Power of Attorney expires and becomes invalid when the person dies. 

The only way is to write a Thai will and have it witnessed by two people.

Banks providing fixed deposit accounts are usually able to absorb instructions as what to do with the funds upon maturity.

'At maturity, the Bank will automatically roll-over the deposit to a three-month fixed term deposit using the interest rate available at that time under the Bank’s conditions, provided that a depositor has not withdrawn any money from the account, or issued a subsequent instruction.'  https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Save-And-Invest/Save/Deposit-Campaign

Your subsequent instruction would be to transfer the money upon maturity to another account you currently hold - with a lesser amount that you're comfortable with,  and then share that account's pin + card to your Mrs. Then repeat this cycle in perpetuity.

I consulted a Thai lawyer to make a will. During the process I asked her, "How can my son get immediate access to my BB account?" (If I were to make the account joint, Immigration would require me to keep 800k baht times two in the account, so that is off the table).  Her reply shocked me: make sure my son knows where my debit card is and its PIN. He can then withdraw cash at any BB ATM. I asked about the legality of that. She replied that that is how Thais do it. 

21 hours ago, ragabob said:

I made a simple Last Will for my Thai assets in English language signed and witnessed by 2 friends and I advised my beneficiary what accounts I have with SCB.

Did very similar except I also had a Thai translation made as well. A will is the accepted way, worldwide of ensuring that your assets go where you want them to go when you die. Which is what I assume the O/P was trying, somewhat reluctantly to say.

On 3/23/2020 at 11:50 AM, steve2112 said:

that would work for savings but not for fixed account. plus, i don't necessarily want to give her access right now, just if the khrap hits the fan

You seem like a worrier. Don't give her access to your account unless it's a small account for living expenses.