Etihad cancelling all flights

Brown1950

Etihad Airways said on Monday it will temporarily suspend all flights to, from, and via Abu Dhabi from the end of Wednesday.

The decision follows an earlier announcement from the National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority, and the General Civil Aviation Authority to suspend all inbound, outbound, and transit passenger flights in the UAE.

This suspension has been made to limit the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus and to protect citizens, residents, and international travellers, Etihad said in a statement.

4 minutes ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

Good.   stop travelling.  If you couldn't see this happening & failed to change your plans, tough titties.

Not sure whether you address me.

I have zero plans to travel anywhere further than 100 km by car.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Not sure whether you address me.

I have zero plans to travel anywhere further than 100 km by car.

Sorry, the "it's getting tough to get out"  led to my response.  The "if you couldn't see this happening" was aimed at the general population.

I know one guy who is still hoping to get his return flight to Germany at end of March.

And what will he do if he is back? Open his restaurant/beer garden business in Bavaria in time for Easter season.

Or better say: NOT :omfg: (very limited).

Edited by KhunBENQ

34 minutes ago, thedemon said:

There is a good chance THAI Airways will be added to that list in the next couple of days.

A chance, but not a good chance.

I could explain the reasons (there are more than one) but I really can't be arsed.

Maybe I'll feel like it tomorrow.

Goodnight and God Bless.

• Haha 1