์Both flights cancelled. Officially stuck in Thailand.

Hello guys. Citizen of Belarus here. I'm staying in Hua Hin on single entry tourist visa. Already got one visa extension for 30 days two weeks ago and my visa expires on April 10. I had a ticket on April 4 through Ashgabat, Turkmenistan and  2 days ago i found out this flight got canceled. The same day i bought another ticket it was my last chance to get home. It was flight through Abu Dhabi on March 28 with Etihad. 
This morning UAE officially suspended all flights to and from Abu Dhabi including transit flights. I'm not sure what to do now. There no direct flights to my country from Thailand and all transit countries are suspended now. 

Also, there's no Embassy of Belarus in Thailand the closest one is in Hanoi, Vietnam. Needless to say i can't get any official letter from my embassy to extend my visa. I'm planning to visit Hua Hin immigration office but before that i decided to ask here.

Will it be possible to get another 30 days visa extension without any letter from Embassy? Any information would be appreciated!

Edited by Mob4

7 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Thai Immigration appear to be being reasonable in the current situation. You should contact your nearest Immigration post (in person) a little closer to your expiry date and ask the question.

Really hope they are cos its totally up to them right now will i have to overstay or they will be able to extend my visa.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Thai Immigration appear to be being reasonable in the current situation. You should contact your nearest Immigration post (in person) a little closer to your expiry date and ask the question.

Who told you they are reasonable? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

My dad is in the same boat as you... We will wait few days to see what will happen with upcoming state of emergency (declaring tonight, effective tomorrow), hopefully they will fix this mess for stuck tourists... If not, then we will contact nearest embassy (KL) which probably can't help, if not then - overstay... He is 75 years old...

• Sad 1

Copy paste from a Dutch forum just now appeared , a temporary relaxing flight rules related for TRANSIT passenger at Bangkok Airport (Suvharhnaboum ) no 100 000 $ insurance  needed temporary 

Edit: Posted here this morning.

Edited by ubonjoe
off topic content removed

On 3/24/2020 at 2:35 PM, Mob4 said:

Really hope they are cos its totally up to them right now will i have to overstay or they will be able to extend my visa.

Hua  Hin  immigration out of  town are  a pretty decent  lot,  dont  know  about  bluport  in town

• Like 1

I got my Thai wife out last night via JAL bound for Narita then DFW. Don’t know how much longer JAL will keep flying from Bangkok or when the GOJ may ban the entry or transiting of foreigners. My wife was booked on EVA originally but received a call from EVA’s Chiang Mai office the day before her departure that her flights through Taipei and to the US were canceled. We thought at the time that she would be marooned in Thailand, but I worked through the night here in the US and found her a ticket on JAL.  She will be landing at DFW tomorrow morning and will stamp in using her newly issued Spousal Visa which was only received on 1 March...incredibly with an expiration date in mid-June. If she didn’t get out now, that visa would expire, requiring her to reinitiate the lengthy and very costly application process...now taking 11-12 months to complete. 

Beginning on the day her passport arrived in the mail, I desperately tried to get her to act quickly without delay in leaving Thailand but she procrastinated, assuming the epidemic would not spread as last as it has, resulting in airline schedule curtailments and foreign passenger bans around the globe.  She appears to be one lucky lady.  Had we not scored the JAL flight, we were looking at a very lengthy separation that could have spanned 14-18 months.

So two big lessons learned:

1.  Do not procrastinate or wager to yourself that this viral contagion will die down anytime soon.  Take immediate, forceful and proactive steps to leave as soon as you can, and make refundable backup reservations as well.

2.  Until this world war is over, I suggest that you remain together in the same location and do not split apart with an intention for one spouse to get advance work done on readying a future home overseas while the other one remains in Thailand.

Violating these two caveats nearly backfired badly in our situation. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-russia-flights/russia-to-ground-international-flights-on-march-27-due-to-coronavirus-idUSKBN21D0HD

Reuters and other agencies are reporting that Russia will close all Airports to international flights from  Friday March the 27th.

With the exception of rescue flights.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...