Modi puts all of India under lockdown for 21 days to fight coronavirus

webfact

Modi puts all of India under lockdown for 21 days to fight coronavirus

2020-03-24T145137Z_1_LYNXMPEG2N1JQ_RTROPTP_3_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-INDIA-BANGLADESH.JPG

FILE PHOTO: India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi speaks to the media inside the parliament premises on the first day of the winter session in New Delhi, India, November 18, 2019. REUTERS/Altaf Hussain/File Photo

MUMBAI (Reuters) - Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Tuesday the government would impose a nationwide lockdown from midnight for 21 days to stem the spread of the coronavirus.

"There will be a total ban on venturing out of your homes," Modi said in a televised address.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Tuesday that the government would impose a nationwide lockdown from midnight for 21 days to stem the spread of the coronavirus. Francesca Lynagh reports.

India has so far reported 482 confirmed cases of the coronavirus and nine deaths.

(Reporting by Delhi and Mumbai newsrooms; Editing by Gareth Jones)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-03-25
  • Sad 1

I sympathize with the people of India in this situation there is not much hope I have seen the inside of the hospital in Goa I can only describe it as something on the lines of Belsen concentration camp.

I think they have the worlds biggest Military budget

1 hour ago, gk10002000 said:

really can not imagine how this would work.  1.6 Billion people, hundreds of millions in substandard by any standard homes.  So many eat street food.  Heat and humidity sit in a one electric light bulb place all day.

zero chance

I was listening on the radio and some of the punishments meted out by the police are having to do situps!

They are counting on people to 'do the right thing'

FAT CHANCE