30 Days?

My intention is to apply for my "retirement" visa next month. I have looked at the requirements and seem to understand them,except for this 30 days application period.

I have at the moment a non O 90 day visa that expires 13 May

My finances ,banked in Thailand ,have been in place and the 3 months are completed on 25 April,which is when I intend to apply.

This means I am applying for the 1 year visa with 18 days of my current visa valid.

I read that such applications should be made with 30 days validity.

So,it is this where I get confused.

Is my plan to apply with 18 days validity OK? or do I have to have at least 30 days validity.

If this latter is the case I will need to get an extension of my Non 0 and then make my application for "retirement 1 year visa.' at a later date.

Your expert thoughts will be appreciated.

I also understand,mainly from reading posts on this excellent forum,that a Police report and medical report are not needed ??

My intention is to apply for my "retirement" visa next month. I have looked at the requirements and seem to understand them,except for this 30 days application period.

I have at the moment a non O 90 day visa that expires 13 May

My finances ,banked in Thailand ,have been in place and the 3 months are completed on 25 April,which is when I intend to apply.

This means I am applying for the 1 year visa with 18 days of my current visa valid.

I read that such applications should be made with 30 days validity.

So,it is this where I get confused.

Is my plan to apply with 18 days validity OK? or do I have to have at least 30 days validity.

If this latter is the case I will need to get an extension of my Non 0 and then make my application for "retirement 1 year visa.' at a later date.

Your expert thoughts will be appreciated.

I also understand,mainly from reading posts on this excellent forum,that a Police report and medical report are not needed ??

18 days will be ok.

You are correct about the police and medical reports.