Thoughts and questions about these embassy letters

As the title says, i wonder how long the embassies will give these letters out for?

Is there a set time limit on when u have to use it by?

Can they be used more than once?

What happens in another month when people have used this letter to extend and still can get home?

Another email to the embassy?

Hope the p.m anounces something to help people stranded in Thailand tonight.

If we are lucky.

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, one post I read today is that if in future another extension was applied for then a NEW letter would be required. 

The poster said that the io was very clear in that regard.

I don't know if you are talking about my post from a few pages before, but if not: I was told the same in Lamphun.

But this actually makes sense, or after getting the letter once you could stay in Thailand indefinitely.

I can just guess where they draw the line, but i suspect if the letter is older than one or two weeks they will not issue an extension based on it and tell you to get a new one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I don't know if you are talking about my post from a few pages before, but if not: I was told the same in Lamphun.

But this actually makes sense, or after getting the letter once you could stay in Thailand indefinitely.

I can just guess where they draw the line, but i suspect if the letter is older than one or two weeks they will not issue an extension based on it and tell you to get a new one.

For sure.

I don't know world cut off limits for lockdowns, closures etc is. Future will tell. At some point economics being able to function will take over health consideration and airports open up even if slowly is a given. Next one or 2 month maximum.

• Like 1