Trump says reopen by Easter, Corporate America says not so fast

webfact

19 minutes ago, jany123 said:

Are the democrats saying that essential services should not be maintained?

I’m assuming that must be the case, as the question suggests that you think that they would shutdown completely... much as India is doing

I sure hope not. If people aren't working how will they be able to afford essential services? Not to mention all the connected jobs that support essential services.

5 hours ago, moe666 said:

You are kidding right.

In our US political atmosphere it really is hard, without knowing the individual to discern sarcasm. Some quite serious folks post their true feelings ... and are nuts!

Not really sure why this is being discussed at all.  He can bluster all he likes but he cannot 'open' America for business.  He doesn't have that power.  It's not his call as I've already stated.  He's never shut anything down and consequently does not have the authority to open anything up.  

The governors will do whatever they deem necessary.  Not Trump.

The POTUS hopes that businesses will be open by Easter.  I hope so too. 

"I would love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter"  Fact.

'Trump says reopen by Easter' - IMO that is what Trump calls Fake News

Talk about twisting someone's words. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

The POTUS hopes that businesses will be open by Easter.  I hope so too. 

"I would love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter"  Fact.

'Trump says reopen by Easter' - IMO that is what Trump calls Fake News

Talk about twisting someone's words. 

So he just said that repeatedly for the pleasure of talking?

As a Canadian, I'm happy to hear that many of my American neighbors are rejecting Trump's idiotic notion of ignoring the physical distancing measures that have proven effective in places like S. Korea and China. And I hope my gov't will enact EXTREME caution when allowing any Americans to cross the border as a large number of them will happily oblige Trump. State and civic gov't leaders there must openly reject and criticize his plan, making it clear to all US citizens that his ideas will lead to certain devastation.      

He can't really be ignorant to the vast potential fatal harm this virus is capable of, and he has to understand what that extremely sharp rise in the number of infected Americans really means. I know he's a boorish lying piece of <deleted>, but he's not so stupid as to not really understand what's going on, so I have to question if he has some very dark and disturbing motives. 

It's going to get bad almost everywhere, but America looks to be a real hotbed of contamination, and I'm glad I don't live there. Keep Canada's border VERY strong!!! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, moldresistant said:

Watch the press conference. Said time and time again it's not a definite date and certain areas may open up before others.

Ok but he's pushing full steam for it, during the conference and in his tweets. It's not a side comment, It's a key point of his propaganda. Why is that?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bristolboy said:

American corporations are just saying that because they hate Trump! They'd rather go broke than say a good word about POTUS. Haters gonna hate!!!

HUH? Trump has always taken good care of the corporate world.  He gave them a huge tax break so they could buy back their stock instead of creating new markets and jobs!

If he loses his corporate backers he will be toast in the upcoming election.

34 minutes ago, mlmcleod said:

HUH? Trump has always taken good care of the corporate world.  He gave them a huge tax break so they could buy back their stock instead of creating new markets and jobs!

If he loses his corporate backers he will be toast in the upcoming election.

BB was being sarcastic....

5 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

Actually Trump , at his press conference , dodged questions regarding his Easter comments.

Asked about the scientific advice he did not respond , instead ranting about ' fake news '.

Once again he shoots from the hip , gets found out , so lashes out like a petulant child.

There is no need for a media conspiracy to highlight his vulgar , ineptitute , we all have eyes and ears , its sad that some of you appear to be deaf and blind.

Nasty comment , nasty comment - you should be ashamed of yourself. Next. ???????? He is a well known coward - he will talk tough and then slink back into the shadows denying his previous. Make America Sick Again. 

Edited by URMySunshine

11 hours ago, Logosone said:

Trump's decision to re-open the US for business is backed by a large number of eminent scientists.

He is the only leader in the West that appears to have the courage to do what needs to be done.

We will all benefit greatly if this courageous decision is taken to open the US for business.

I sort of want to see him do it so that the US can see what sort of egotistical monster he really is. And then I think of the deaths that will result and I'm not that heartless.

9 hours ago, Logosone said:

David L. Katz is an American physician and the founding director of the Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center

"I am deeply concerned that the social, economic and public health consequences of this near total meltdown of normal life — schools and businesses closed, gatherings banned — will be long lasting and calamitous, possibly graver than the direct toll of the virus itself. The stock market will bounce back in time, but many businesses never will. The unemployment, impoverishment and despair likely to result will be public health scourges of the first order."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/opinion/coronavirus-pandemic-social-distancing.html

Open up for business America.

Lead the way.

#lets gramps have it. (and most TVF posters).

One thing Asia can teach us is respect for the old and the elders.

Just one big nothing burger. Nothing to see here - Democrat lies. MAGA. 

If you're not fearful it's because you're not paying attention. Wise up or check out. Up to you.

Edited by URMySunshine

14 hours ago, Logosone said:

I would go to work to earn money, if I had to do that, to feed the family, because I have balls of steel.

However, I should imagine most wives will tell their husbands to go out and earn the money, because one thing's for certain, two thing's for sure: starvation's not a cure. Most families will need money in these times.

The economic imperative will compel the workers to return.

And no employer, or few, will act irresponsibly, they will consider the health of their workers, if they die who will dig the trench after all, but companies do have an economic imperative too. All this nonsense that 'corporate america' refuses to go  back to work is just that nonsense. A few companies have just said they will consider the health of their employees and customers, which is sensible. However, through this orange haze of panic the medical truth will shine through like a beacon of hope, that the death rate is around 0.3-0.5 % and will affect mostly those over 80.

Right now it's hard to talk sense to a herd of panicked buffalos, but eventually common sense will return. American business will re-open. And sooner than we think hopefully.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. You have stated your logic and preference. Others will state their equally valid logic and choose to stay home.

I never said corporate America would refuse to go back to work. However, the sexual anatomy and testosterone levels of company leadership have little to do with the issue of workers returning to work. Companies without workers are disfunctional and useless. That is a simple fact, not an opinion. 

What you "imagine wives would tell their husbands" is just that: imagination. Some will and some will beg them to stay home. That is also a fact. For many people potential life or death decisions are not considered "nonsense". 

I wasn't arguing pro or con on returning to work. I was simply pointing out the fact that corporate America cannot legimately make demands of their workers in this situation; they are not yet in total control of their worker's lives or their livelihoods (yet). 

You made some valid points in support of your opinion, but they do not refute my statements at all. You simply used my statements as a straw man to make personal declarations and opinions that only peripherally relate to mine. 

It is gratifying to know that you, among countless others who cannot, see with such bold clarity. 

Your sanguin clairvoyance is noted and appreciated by some no doubt. 

In the end though all you have offered is what there is no shortage of: personal opinion. 

State your opinions without the need for a false target to disagree with and they may be taken more seriously. 

Edited by RocketDog
Edit

Posts in violation of fair use policy have been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

On 3/26/2020 at 9:33 AM, keith101 said:

Trump is more concerned about his re election than peoples lives which is typical of the psychopath that he is , 0 empathy for anyone but himself .

He’s worried about his own money-income as well

Edited by Redline