Blood Sugar Testing

waveydavey

Im diabetic and since I came to Thailand I've been using an Accuchek Advantage blood sugar testing kit. I've been shocked at the price of testing strips however, I've been paying roughly 1,000B for 25 strips from several sources. Does this price seem right? Are there cheaper kits available? I'm in the Chiang Mai area. I cant compare the prices with back home in England as I used to get them free.

I believe that should be the price for 50, not 25. I paid about 1,100 for One Touch Ultra last year for 50 and believe they are all about that price.

You might check eBay as such are frequent items there. I used eBay to buy the new Accu Check Aviva model for wife several months ago and she is extremely happy with the small blood needed and multiclix lancet as they do not hurt. If you pay full price it is not likely to be cost effective but if you bid and get for discount with a reasonable postage it might be. I do not believe this model is for sale here in Thailand but the .6mml rather than 3.0mml required by the Advantage model makes a big difference. Also have not had a bad load (had some with One Touch Ultra) as it draws the blood in a wide area very quickly.