More public venues in Bangkok face closure

snoop1130

More public venues in Bangkok face closure

000_1Q04RP.jpg

More public venues in Thailand’s capital face closure, from tomorrow until end of April, as the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) tightens the partial lockdown of the city to stem the spread of COVID-19.

Venues already closed will remain so until the end of April. They include entertainment venues, cinemas, spas, sport venues, public swimming pools, barbers, beauty salons and massage parlours.

The five additional public places facing closure are pigeon singing competition grounds, children’s playgrounds, concert venues, theatres, museums and libraries.

The Disease Control Committee also plans to close conference facilities, snooker halls, private nurseries and beauty clinics.

Public places exempted from closure include canteens in hospitals, though social distancing must be observed, flowers sellers in markets and government offices in shopping malls, such as post offices and immigration offices.

Meanwhile, the State Railway of Thailand (SRT) will suspend 22 train services on northern, north-eastern and southern routes, beginning April 1st, due to a sharp drop in passenger numbers using the services.

For the northern routes, the suspended train services are Train No ¾ Bangkok-Sawankhalok-Bangkok, Train No 13/14 Bangkok-Chiang Mai-Bangkok and Train No 105/106 Bangkok-Sila-art-Bangkok.

The suspended north-eastern routes are Train No 23/24 Bangkok-Ubon Ratchathani-Bangkok, No 25/26 Bangkok-Nong Khai-Bangkok, No 136 Ubon Ratchathani-Bangkok and 145 Bangkok-Ubon Ratchathani.

The southern routes are No 31/32 Bangkok-Hat Yai-Bangkok, No 39 Bangkok-Surat Thani, No44 Surat Thani-Bangkok, No 41/42 Bangkok-Yala-Bangkok, No 83/84 Bangkok-Trang-Bangkok and No 173-174 Bangkok-Nakhon Si Thammarat-Bangkok.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/more-public-venues-in-bangkok-face-closure/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-03-27

Need flower markets !  Must have the small garlands hanging on the car rear view mirror. Will need them soon for more than normal funerals too. Why is a flower market deemed more necessary than a food market ?? Thai logic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was cycling through Chinatown 2 days ago and a lot of the shops are still open there. Obviously not giving a hoot about the law. I saw numerous gold shops, shops to buy phone accessories, sunglasses and trinkets. The police were walking around taking no notice as usual. I wonder why that is?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nelson52 said:

I was cycling through Chinatown 2 days ago and a lot of the shops are still open there. Obviously not giving a hoot about the law. I saw numerous gold shops, shops to buy phone accessories, sunglasses and trinkets. The police were walking around taking no notice as usual. I wonder why that is?

Same as the Indian run tailors on Sukhumvit - lots of new suits for the police generals.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

yes, but I think that should read "bird singing competitions" which are popular in Thai culture:-

Yes, my nieces husband keeps them - they are strung up all around the house.

Burma Bill? Are you still in Myanmar? I got out last week whilst I still could.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

6 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Yes, my nieces husband keeps them - they are strung up all around the house.

Burma Bill? Are you still in Myanmar? I got out last week whilst I still could.

No, I never lived there, only a regular visitor. I luckily got out of Thailand about 2 months ago (after nearly 20 years) and now live in Siem Reap, Cambodia. 

On 3/28/2020 at 9:29 AM, Nelson52 said:

Because the Thai law doesn't include Chinatown...that's why.