Boston Market...now at 711

moontang

Boston Market food stores here in the USA are pretty tasty. Some are busy and the food turnover is good and reasonably fresh. Good choice of sides.  Got one here just down the road from Clifton NJ.  I may call them and see if I can do a takout later today.  Depends on which rerun of Bar Rescue comes on that I have already seen

• Haha 1

One of the 7-11's near my house in Bangkok was selling them for awhile now, not sure if they still do. I've tried a few of them and won't buy them again, they were awful. The restaurants in the states are pretty good and thought the frozen meals might be good, I was wrong.

Edited by gjoo888

1 hour ago, gjoo888 said:

One of the 7-11's near my house in Bangkok was selling them for awhile now, not sure if they still do. I've tried a few of them and won't buy them again, they were awful. The restaurants in the states are pretty good and thought the frozen meals might be good, I was wrong.

Not surprised..looks a lot like the Swanson frozen meals that commonly sell for one Dollar in the US.  The Marie Calendar are much better, and even the Stouffer's..they took a lot of the salt out, several years ago, but still has plenty.

I think it is a rip off with terrible

Pre made food in their stores.  

They have closed almost 700 stores, 50 last year since its inception. Probably will be out of businees in the next few years.

Edited by bkk6060

On 3/30/2020 at 4:36 PM, moontang said:

Not surprised..looks a lot like the Swanson frozen meals that commonly sell for one Dollar in the US.  The Marie Calendar are much better, and even the Stouffer's..they took a lot of the salt out, several years ago, but still has plenty.

Swanson is better. At least you can have 2 or 3 pies mixed together. CP gets their hands in it and it turns to <deleted>. Could you imagine a CP branded Swanson pie...or anything for that matter. CP is pretty gross.

55 minutes ago, dayward1 said:

I grew up going to the first 7-11 in Dallas. It is still, as far as I know, owned by Southland corporation and not a franchise deal. It's actually pretty good stuff in USA. I dodge 7-11 here in the land of monkeys because of CP. I'll give mom and pop my business.

I am all in favor of the concept of supporting mom and pop, however..mom and pop often do not understand proper beer storage, refill small bottles of booze (with a dubious funnel), and are much more likely to be selling counterfeit booze (than Tesco).  Can't use credit cards, either.  Also, look at how it is for the uni age daughters and sons..no hourly pay, no SS, etc..Now, if they still had a few tables, that would be different, but those are an endangered species, especially in BKK.

Edited by moontang